PDA

View Full Version : Just received my bottle of DWG, but...

Pages : [1] 2

nlkccom
07-10-2008, 09:15 PM
...I`ve having a tough time applying the DWG on my car.

I just washed (ONR) and dried my car. Already had 2 layers of UPGP from a few days ago, now I wanna apply a layer or two of DWG. I`m doing this by hand, since I don`t have a PC. I`m applying using a microfiber applicator. I put some DWG on the pad, and soon after I start applying it to my car, the DWG already begins to dry to a haze where it became difficult to buff off using a MF. I almost have to scrub the DWG off my car.

Am I missing something? Is DWG not meant to be applied by hand? :think:

Would it help if I moisten the mf applicator first? Would that `damage` the DWG being applied?

pampos
07-10-2008, 09:45 PM
how much DWG did you put on the applicator??

imported_RedlineIRL
07-10-2008, 09:54 PM
You`re using too much. I`ve used it numerous times by hand, and it works great.

nlkccom
07-10-2008, 10:08 PM
how much DWG did you put on the applicator??

About few dabs, dime size.

nlkccom
07-10-2008, 10:10 PM
You`re using too much. I`ve used it numerous times by hand, and it works great.

About how much dwg do you put on your pad?

pampos
07-10-2008, 10:26 PM
Or maybe the car surface is too hot....When i applied a new layer on my car 2 days ago,the car was under my garage but the air temperature was about 40 Celsius,and it was drying almost immediately no mater how much i put on the applicator..

nlkccom
07-10-2008, 10:31 PM
Or maybe the car surface is too hot....When i applied a new layer on my car 2 days ago,the car was under my garage but the air temperature was about 40 Celsius,and it was drying almost immediately no mater how much i put on the applicator..

40 Celsius? Ouch! :grinno:

The temperature was about 80-85F, and the surface was cool to the touch when I applied it.

pampos
07-10-2008, 10:40 PM
40 Celsius? Ouch! :grinno:

The temperature was about 80-85F, and the surface was cool to the touch when I applied it.

And the worst temperatures are about to come up to the end of July:D

My car`s surface was coll too but....

i just put on o foam applicator a small dot about 1 cm diameter....You have to shake it very well before use....

Legacy
07-10-2008, 10:41 PM
I always use a foam applicator when applying DWG. I tried a mf app, but it just grabs too much.

nlkccom
07-10-2008, 10:55 PM
I always use a foam applicator when applying DWG. I tried a mf app, but it just grabs too much.

Maybe I`ll try it again with a foam applicator.

nlkccom
07-10-2008, 10:56 PM
And the worst temperatures are about to come up to the end of July:D

My car`s surface was coll too but....

i just put on o foam applicator a small dot about 1 cm diameter....You have to shake it very well before use....

Did the shaking. Have a feeling I`m using too much. Gonna try again this weekend.

jedovaty
07-10-2008, 10:59 PM

What he said.

Bigpikle
07-11-2008, 12:43 AM
I put on a layer by hand with no issues on a cool car in the cool garage. Probably used a MF applicator IIRC?

I do however love using this stuff by machine - softest red finishing pad on the UDM at about speed 3-4 is superb and speedy :D

imported_RedlineIRL
07-11-2008, 09:13 PM
About how much dwg do you put on your pad?

Maybe 4-5 drops on the pad, but nowhere near dime size.

Legacy
07-11-2008, 09:17 PM
Maybe 4-5 drops on the pad, but nowhere near dime size.Doesnt 4-5 drops equal a dime size or more?