PDA

View Full Version : Does Klasse AIO need time to cure?

Pages : [1] 2 3

nlkccom
07-10-2008, 03:52 PM
I think KSG needs time to cure, but does KAIO need time to cure as well?

imported_smprince1
07-10-2008, 03:56 PM
I believe my bottle states that no curing is needed.

99blackSE
07-10-2008, 09:54 PM
I do the whole car before I buff off as a whole but there is no waiting time last I recall.

Byk
04-18-2009, 07:23 AM
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but trying to find out how long should Klasse SG be applied after AIO?

Can I apply it right after or next day?

Also, anyone have a link for the Bill North Method - I`ve seen the page before but can`t find it anywhere this time.

Thanks in advance.

elk42
04-18-2009, 07:26 AM
i apply the SG right after then i let it cure for up to 12 hrs before i wax.

Byk
04-18-2009, 09:44 AM
i apply the SG right after then i let it cure for up to 12 hrs before i wax.

I love Autopia... I just finished applying AIO, come back to the computer and have the answer.

Thanks elk42!

Nice day here today... 20 degrees and skies are cloudy - perfect for Klasse!

armoredsaint
04-18-2009, 09:48 AM
i love klasse still, even though i moved on to zaino for curiousity.

and the longer you let KSG dry, the easier it will be to remove - apply thin also, i let it dry overnight.

Byk
04-18-2009, 10:54 AM

and the longer you let KSG dry, the easier it will be to remove - apply thin also, i let it dry overnight.

Dry overnight? Some say to apply it the Wipe On Wipe Off method (for easy application)

If you leave it overnight isn`t it super tough to remove the excess?

btw, I love the AIO effect so far.

Anyone have a link to the Bill North Wipe On Wipe Off method?

Is it as simple as applying the sealant and wiping it off with a lightly damp MF towel after about 2 minutes?

armoredsaint
04-18-2009, 11:47 AM
Dry overnight? Some say to apply it the Wipe On Wipe Off method (for easy application)

If you leave it overnight isn`t it super tough to remove the excess?

btw, I love the AIO effect so far.

Anyone have a link to the Bill North Wipe On Wipe Off method?

Is it as simple as applying the sealant and wiping it off with a lightly damp MF towel after about 2 minutes?

i guess it`s a personal preference, some like WOWO - but I like it to sit overnight - kinda like marinating it in the paint, never an issue with removal. remember to apply it thin. :xyxthumbs

didn`t bill get banned? :nervous:

Byk
04-18-2009, 12:04 PM
i guess it`s a personal preference, some like WOWO - but I like it to sit overnight - kinda like marinating it in the paint, never an issue with removal. remember to apply it thin. :xyxthumbs

didn`t bill get banned? :nervous:

Not sure if Bill got banned.

Well, I applied the glaze with the HandJobber - awesome product - so much easier than doing it with a sponge applicator and I was able to spread it so thin that it`s hard to see where it`s applied until you look real close. Would this be a problem - perhaps I may be buffing it too much taking off most of the product in the process?

Also, every time I put the SG on the applicator I would mist the applicator with a Mothers QD - is that ok?

Well, I`ll give it about an hour to cure on the car and then take it off.

Byk
04-18-2009, 12:08 PM

How do you like Zaino? Do you use Z2?

armoredsaint
04-18-2009, 03:08 PM
it okay to use a QD to help with the SG, i did it all the time -

i am digging Zaino, it`s quite good - but all those steps is tiring. i brought the basically the whole line :clap: just finished up on my bmw today and s40 yesterday

http://images47.fotki.com/v1477/photos/4/499657/4196635/IMG_0039-vi.jpg

imported_RZJZA80
04-18-2009, 03:52 PM
Klasse AIO doesn`t need any cure time IMO, I apply wax over it immediately. Klasse SG does require cure time, depending on who you talk to, 12 - 24 hours, I think the box itself says over night or something like that.

Accumulator
04-18-2009, 05:47 PM
The little bit of "protection" (scare-quotes intentional ;) ) in KAIO that might benefit from curing are of such little consequence you`d never know the diff anyhow IMO.

As for the W-O-W-O technique (which I use when applying both the Klasse twins to textured black plastic), I don`t even wait 2 minutes. Pretty much just on-then-off. Seems to compromise the durability just a little but makes for a more uniform appearance on the plastic surfaces.

Byk
04-18-2009, 06:50 PM
it okay to use a QD to help with the SG, i did it all the time -

i am digging Zaino, it`s quite good - but all those steps is tiring. i brought the basically the whole line :clap: just finished up on my bmw today and s40 yesterday

http://images47.fotki.com/v1477/photos/4/499657/4196635/IMG_0039-vi.jpg

Nice Collection! How many steps does Zaino need?

P.S. Finished First coat of SG today and I`m quite impressed so far.... nice and slick. I didn`t find it so hard taking it off (used QD again to help out ;)