PDA

View Full Version : Clay and 100% removal of contaminents

hngu7721
07-10-2008, 10:09 AM
Will begin the annual detail of a Camry and started claying last night. I`ve tried both Meguiar`s Mirror Glaze MILD (blue) clay along with Clay Magic, but am unable to get a last few specks off the paint. The car had a coat of AIO/KSG about 6 months ago, so I dont know if the Sealant has somehow sealed the contaminents in. Is this even possible?

Do you think is is necessary to have 100% contaminent removal prior to polishing? What other options can i attempt?

TIA

jimmie jam
07-10-2008, 10:18 AM
nothing is ever perfect. do the best that you can and just proceed.:waxing:

hngu7721
07-10-2008, 10:29 AM
Maybe you`re right. i`m expecting delivery of my FLEX today and wanted to have the claying out of the way.

Come to think of it, it`s really only a handful of specks, but I`d thought that leaving any contaminents behind would scratch the finish when polishing.

Maybe the question should be: IS IT NORMAL TO HAVE A FEW SPECKS OF CONTAMINENTS AFTER EXCERCISING ALL YOUR CLAYING OPTIONS?

Buegie
07-10-2008, 12:47 PM
some people don`t clay at all before polishing, it`s just a good step that cuts down on polishing time. You might be able to take out any leftover specks with the Flex

Jscort98
07-10-2008, 01:37 PM
Some spots might only come out with some really aggressive clay. I`d just do the best you can with what you got and go onto polishing. My neighbors camry had terrible orange rust spots on it and it is only two weeks old. Got most of em out with clay magic blue but the really bad ones that I couldn`t remove I just left. Good luck.

hngu7721
07-10-2008, 02:02 PM
OK, thanks for the input guys. On to polishing it is then.

Buegie
07-10-2008, 02:27 PM
Some spots might only come out with some really aggressive clay. I`d just do the best you can with what you got and go onto polishing. My neighbors camry had terrible orange rust spots on it and it is only two weeks old. Got most of em out with clay magic blue but the really bad ones that I couldn`t remove I just left. Good luck.

probably due to rail dust