PDA

View Full Version : Problem w/ Customers BMW 05 525i

mkaminski6
07-10-2008, 09:06 AM
Alright, doing a family members car, and I ran into a problem, it`s an 05 BMW 525i and I used armor all wipes on the wood trim on the dash, well.... the armor all wipes seemed to strip the nice shiny polish ontop of the wood now it`s a rough feeling, not rough like you`d imagine would to be... but just not smooth at all compared to spots I didn`t hit yet, any ideas? It looks and feels really bad and I feel just horrible.

Alex Boyce
07-10-2008, 09:15 AM
Lesson 1..... Don`t use armor all wipes on anything else....

If you can get your hands on some vinyl cleaner and conditioner(like Meg`s #40) or a OTC Meg`s product. Try that on a small area, possibly that is not seen, to test the product.

gmblack3
07-10-2008, 09:19 AM
An AIO product like ZAIO, kAIO or prime should work.

brwill2005
07-10-2008, 09:46 AM
This does not make much sense. I do not see how wipes would strip the clear coat from the wood. Could it be the AA is just sitting on top and making it look dull? I would simply take a slightly damp MF and wipe off the residue. I think that would do the trick.

Gopher
07-10-2008, 10:04 AM
sounds like something that happened on my conference table. I don`t know what the hell the cleaning ladies used, but it seems like the laminate/clear coat just FAILED all over the table leaving it splotchy and kind of rough feeling. Hopefully it is not the same as what you`re experiencing, but you may be screwed.

nlkccom
07-10-2008, 10:11 AM
Lesson 1..... Don`t use armor all wipes on anything else....

Well said. :usa

mkaminski6
07-10-2008, 10:55 AM
Already tosed the AA wipes, anyways, I tried scrubbing it with some dish detergent and water, didn`t seem to work so I doubt it`s the AA on top.... what products would you recommend to restore the gloss

BuffMe
07-10-2008, 11:00 AM
Maybe try some Meguiar`s Paint Cleaner and/or Polish. I only suggest these b/c I figure you`ll need something local rather than ordering something.

mkaminski6
07-10-2008, 11:06 AM
Maybe try some Meguiar`s Paint Cleaner and/or Polish. I only suggest these b/c I figure you`ll need something local rather than ordering something.

That would be pristine if I could find something around here and not have to wait a few days, I can`t believe that stuff tore the clear coat right off, I would have never imagined, from now on I consult autopia.

mblgjr
07-10-2008, 11:50 AM
If you don`t have ANY cleaner waxes or polishes on hand; you can find this OTC nearly anywhere.

Meg`s ScratchX (rub lightly) and see if the haze will polish out.

Mother`s Cleaner Wax...works better than you think on stuff like this. Just buff; let haze; remove.

mkaminski6
07-10-2008, 12:28 PM
I tried both a mothers and a meg`s polish / cleaner but can`t restore the slipperyness and shinyness of the wood :(

holland_patrick
07-10-2008, 12:36 PM
time to start calling the BMW dealership....

blownvert
07-10-2008, 01:39 PM
get some megs interior QD i dont know about that it doesnt really make a shine, but cleans it :)