PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant or P21S? (Need help on a LSP)

Acejam2k
07-10-2008, 07:26 AM
Hey Guys,

I`ve been detailing one of my cars the past 2 days. I bought a bunch of items from Autogeek, and now I`m putting them to good use. Keep in mind everything I`m doing is with a UDM.

Day 1:

Wash w/ P21S Bodywash

Wheels w/ P21S Wheel Gel

Inner fenders w/ Simple Green

Car fully dried using "the absorber"

Clay w/ Wolfgang Claybar kit

Day 2:

1 coat of Menzerna SIP w/ Orange pad (light cut/polishing pad)

1 coat of Menzerna 106FF w/ Green pad (polishing pad)

Day 2 was basically last night from about 7:30pm until 2am.

Day 3 is today, and I need to finish the car today. Products I currently have available for LSP are: Klasse AIO, NXT TechWax, Meg. #26, P21S Wax, or Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant.

I`ve used P21S in the past before and I`ve loved it, but I bought the Wolfgang sealant this time around to try something more durable out.

Any suggestions? Also, is it best to apply Wolfgang by hand or by machine? (UDM in my case) I plan on using a blue pad. (waxing)

Day 3 is going to look something like this:

1 coat of Wolfgang Deep Gloss paint sealant

Tires w/ Meg. tire shine (applied using foam pad)

Quick vacuum of interior

Windows inside + out using Windex + Newspaper (the best!)

Mothers aluminum/metal polish on exhaust tips

Thanks!

Eliot Ness
07-10-2008, 07:39 AM
I`d go with the WDGS just to try something different this time. You can always top later with the P21S if you get the urge. From what I remember the WDGS won`t offer stellar durability like some other sealants, but it usually looks very good. I`d personally use the PC to apply it, but it is easy to do by hand too.

I didn`t look at your process very closely, but if you didn`t clay that is something I would do next time you detail. I`d also pick up some WW drying towels, you`ll be glad you did:

Blue Perl Drying Towel (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/mf-204.html)

Those are hard to beat and you`ll also be supporting the Autopia store.

-Longhorn-
07-10-2008, 07:56 AM
Wolfgang DGPS will easily last three months which is fine because most re-apply more frequently. If you are looking for something to just apply and forget about for 6 months go with Zaino or Opti Seal.

Acejam2k
07-10-2008, 08:56 AM
Awesome, thanks for the info guys.

I`ll probably end up applying the wolfgang sealant. To be honest, the car I`m applying it to hardly ever gets driven, and is always garaged. Therefore, perhaps it might last a bit longer than 3 months, but we`ll see.

I`ve heard it can offer some nice looking results visually, so I`m curious to see how it turns out.

I will be sure to take some pics when I`m done. The car is a 996 Porsche 911 Cabriolet.

Should I buff it onto the car using my UDM? Or by hand? Any benefit to either method? I`ve been told to apply to the entire car, THEN buff off. Does that sound about right?

Eliot Ness
07-10-2008, 09:31 AM
........Should I buff it onto the car using my UDM? Or by hand? Any benefit to either method? I`ve been told to apply to the entire car, THEN buff off. Does that sound about right?I`d use the UDM, but then I apply almost everything, including Z2/Z5 with a PC/UDM. As long as you apply a thin coat I have never had a problem doing the whole car and then coming back and buffing it off. I can`t recall the last time I used WG, but I`m sure I did it that same way.
I will be sure to take some pics when I`m done. The car is a 996 Porsche 911 Cabriolet.

Yes, pictures please :drool:

dionnfr
07-10-2008, 09:42 AM
Wolfgang Here

imported_sal329
07-10-2008, 09:52 AM
I say Wolfgang sealant as mentioned you could always top it with P21

Scottwax
07-10-2008, 10:13 AM
Wolfgang over Klasse AIO.