PDA

View Full Version : Couple things I saw

8Banger
07-09-2008, 07:28 PM
Well, my buddy and I were bored so we went to the lexus dealership his mom got her 460ls or w/e it is from. i saw them running a brand new lexus through the brush wash, by the time i got the cell phone camera ready the brushes had already stopped. i could her and see the brushes beating the hell out of the finish, it was terrible.

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q111/SVTBill/Image007-3.jpg

was sitting at a stop light today and noticed, coincidentally, a lexus with buffer trails everywhere, thought i`d grab a pic. it was probably pretty funny watching me trying to take a picture and look all nonchalant :grinno:

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q111/SVTBill/Image011.jpg

btw, none of this is a surprise to me, and living in a major city i see worse daily, but i thought you guys could relate to this.

have a good day! :woot:

JonP
07-09-2008, 07:36 PM
Looks like the kind of work a car wash does that is down the road from me.

imported_shine
07-09-2008, 07:51 PM
It makes me want to cry. I was recently at a car show and 85%+ of the cars were swirled quite bad.

pampos
07-09-2008, 11:13 PM
It makes me want to cry. I was recently at a car show and 85%+ of the cars were swirled quite bad.

We don`t have a lot of car shows in Cyprus,but all the cars are swirled...Also on the car magazines i saw most of the cars to be swirled..it is a shame....:p

beachcities
07-10-2008, 10:03 PM
That is because most of the owners detail the cars themselves and do the work by hand, no prep. Plus you see them all the time qd the cars at the show after they drive there.

charlesaferg
07-13-2008, 09:26 PM
That is because most of the owners detail the cars themselves and do the work by hand, no prep. Plus you see them all the time qd the cars at the show after they drive there.

The owners???!! Oh no no no... Lexus STAFF mess up the cars.

I had a friend of mine who worked at the local lexus dealer wash my car, figured he knew what he was going - well he used a hose and ran hydroflouric acid down my entire car, including the class (big time little trail-marks down them, which I removed with SIGNIFICANT EFFORT)

***, the mirrors now have blue spots, I have yet to buy new mirror glass.

Don`t ever let them touch your car.

Yea, the buffer swirls are one thing, and those were made by the "pro" detaielrs there.

...but hydroflouric acid hose downs?

what the hell!

heyyo302
07-15-2008, 02:01 AM
l do not know why this guys do it. l think they need to change their ways

heyyo302
07-15-2008, 02:07 AM
its better to do it your self, they might cost you

heyyo302
07-15-2008, 02:13 AM
its better to do it your self, they might cost you