PDA

View Full Version : ONR Users: What kind of mitt do you use?

Pages : [1] 2 3

nlkccom
07-09-2008, 02:33 PM
I`ve beginning using ONR for the past week. Great product. I can now wash my car without dragging out the hose and everything else. My car is so clean after each wash, it`s just an awesome product.

I`ve been using a microfiber mitt (not sure what brand, but the orange one with dreadlock from Target) with ONR, and I`m having a hard time keeping the mitt clean. Seems like the mf mitt is grabbing onto the dirt from the car. I`m even using a two bucket method, one with ONR and one with Meg NXT to clean the mitt. I rinse the mitt in the NXT bucket after washing each panel with ONR.

What kind of mitt do you use with ONR? Would sheepsking mitt be better since it`s less `grabby` than the mf mitt?

imported_beachwolverine
07-09-2008, 03:06 PM
none of the above - grout sponge

blownvert
07-09-2008, 03:18 PM
the GS i got from home depot doesnt seem to soak alot of water and doesnt feel right when i go back and forth on paint, no suds really. I am looking for something new probably a sheepskin mitt.

Bigpoppa3346
07-09-2008, 03:31 PM
I think there have been other threads on this, but...

I prefer an MF mitt (I use the Vroom brand, extremely thick and plush) over a sheepskin, the sheepskins shed like crazy with ONR. Plus I just think the MF does a better job.

snakey51389
07-09-2008, 04:15 PM
The thing about microfiber is that yeah it "grabs" all the dirt, but it doesnt "release" the dirt when you rinse. I use a lambs wool mit. Its nice and soft and releases dirt from the mit when you rinse.

pwaug
07-09-2008, 04:20 PM
After trying a number of diffent methods I settled on using these mitts Mitts (http://www.neatitems.com/microfiber_mitts.htm) the pile is deep enough to pull the dirt away from the finish, but they release well in the ONR bucket. Use 2 or 3 per wash. In the winter I presoak the car with the standard ONR wash mix and a pump sprayer and use 2 buckets, but I put ONR in the rinse bucket as well. Dirt seems to release from mitt better.

motobuild
07-09-2008, 06:08 PM
Sheepskin .....

Macruz19
07-09-2008, 06:13 PM
none of the above - grout sponge

Same here..

thesacrifice
07-09-2008, 06:38 PM
used to use eurow sheepskins until I started using the GS. The sheepskins shed after a while which was a pita.

imported_Denzil
07-09-2008, 06:43 PM
Grout sponge here.

wascallyrabbit
07-09-2008, 07:22 PM
i use a mf covered sponge (dog bone shaped).

oN3fastSS
07-09-2008, 07:24 PM
i use a mf covered sponge (dog bone shaped).

Where exactly do you get you mf covered sponge?

imported_RZJZA80
07-09-2008, 08:12 PM
Where exactly do you get you mf covered sponge?

The Bone by Cobra is a soft, plush car wash sponge wrapped in microfiber for unbeatable softness. Use your favorite car shampoo with the bone (http://autogeek.net/the-bone.html)

Mobilejay
07-09-2008, 10:04 PM
I use the Shmitt. I have never had a problem with it, it works great for me. Actually the only problem I have with it is the yellow comes detached from the white after several uses. If you are gentle with it, it will last a lot longer.

Legacy
07-09-2008, 10:19 PM
the GS i got from home depot doesnt seem to soak alot of water and doesnt feel right when i go back and forth on paint, no suds really. I am looking for something new probably a sheepskin mitt.

You are not going to get suds with ONR no matter what wash media you use.