PDA

View Full Version : Leather brush if there is such a tool?

oN3fastSS
07-08-2008, 02:08 PM
I plan on cleaning & conditioning my leather seats in my ride I will be using z9 & z10 for that process. My question is would it be necessary to use a soft brush to agitate the cleaning product? the seats have not been cleaned in about one year so they are some what dirty! Also is there a step-by-step process on how to properly clean & condition leather?

Thanks,

Daniel

brwill2005
07-08-2008, 02:18 PM
I plan on cleaning & conditioning my leather seats in my ride I will be using z9 & z10 for that process. My question is would it be necessary to use a soft brush to agitate the cleaning product? the seats have not been cleaned in about one year so they are some what dirty! Also is there a step-by-step process on how to properly clean & condition leather?

Thanks,

Daniel

I usually use a horse hair brush. Process is vacuum, spray with cleaner, dwell, scrub, and dry with clean MF. On dirty seats, this process may have to be repeated though. After I clean I just protect with 303; wipe on wet and wipe completely dry.

oN3fastSS
07-08-2008, 02:32 PM
Would you recommend a different product besides Zaino? I currently use a horse hair brush on my chrome wheels do you think it would be ok on the leather after using it on the wheels?

Zspectrum
07-08-2008, 02:55 PM
Would you recommend a different product besides Zaino? I currently use a horse hair brush on my chrome wheels do you think it would be ok on the leather after using it on the wheels?

dont use the same towels brushs applicators that you use on your wheels/ tires on anything but the wheels/ tires.

brwill2005
07-08-2008, 04:36 PM

Yea, I would just buy one for the leather. The one I have is designed for interiors, so it is probably smaller than the one you use for the wheels. As for the cleaner, it is nice to have one you can dilute depending on you soil level. I personally use Top of the Line`s Deep Down cleaner. For very light soiling, you can dilute it around 1:20, and for heavier soiling I dilute it 1:10 or so.

Quality Leather
07-13-2008, 11:12 AM
I always recommend a 3M delicate duty scuff pad for cleaning leather.