PDA

View Full Version : Spray detailing how often?

Pages : [1] 2

blownvert
07-08-2008, 12:19 PM
If you guys wash your car once a week, how often do you spray detail it in between? Do you always SD after you wash and dry?

BigAl3
07-08-2008, 12:36 PM
i QD after a wash (alternate with spray wax) to help rid any leftover water spots or areas i might have missed while washing. it also helps to add a little protection as well...

blownvert
07-08-2008, 12:58 PM
If you use a spray wax, dont you already polish/buff your car? Put more protection on top of your LSP? So you do not QD in between the week after you wash?

BigJimZ28
07-08-2008, 01:06 PM
If you use a spray wax, dont you already polish/buff your car?

yes the use use of a spay wax/sealant

will extend the life of your LSP

Put more protection on top of your LSP?

yep that`s the idea

So you do not QD in between the week after you wash?

no, that is a sure way to get swirls

blownvert
07-08-2008, 01:11 PM
yes the use use of a spay wax/sealant

will extend the life of your LSP

yep that`s the idea

no, that is a sure way to get swirls

So really what is the point of SD, I thought you spray it on when the car is not dirty and just has dust to maintain that shine between washes?

Evenflow
07-08-2008, 01:19 PM
I very rarely SD.

I usually SD if I get a bird bomb, or if there is a light accumulation of dust on the car and I make sure I use a plush MF towel.

BigJimZ28
07-08-2008, 01:22 PM
So really what is the point of SD, I thought you spray it on when the car is not dirty and just has dust to maintain that shine between washes?

it`s QD not SD

and that just "dust" might as well be sandpaper it`s very abrasive

I use a QD to help "lube" during drying and to add a little "pop"

also there are a ton of threads about this subject if you would try a search

blownvert
07-08-2008, 01:34 PM
yes quick detail, hmmm interesting i always thought to do QD in between washes if it was just dust. I guess after I wash i will spray it down while still wet and just dry off that way.

imported_Larry A
07-08-2008, 02:05 PM
I qd all the time. I may wash my car 2 -3 times a week. Im not after protecton, Im after looks.

thesacrifice
07-08-2008, 03:23 PM
My QD is ONR, which as instructed is diluted at a stronger ratio then for just a standard ONR wash. I have had no problems QD`ing a dusty or slightly dirty car with a heavy QD application and a plush MF.

pharmboyrx
07-08-2008, 03:38 PM
My QD is ONR, which as instructed is diluted at a stronger ratio then for just a standard ONR wash. I have had no problems QD`ing a dusty or slightly dirty car with a heavy QD application and a plush MF.

I do the same thing. Use one plush microfiber to wipe the panel once, then buff with a different clean microfiber. Always use a new side to the cloth to wipe a new panel, and switch cloths when you run out of side. I haven`t seen any new scratches with ONR as a QD.

blownvert
07-08-2008, 03:42 PM
I qd all the time. I may wash my car 2 -3 times a week. Im not after protecton, Im after looks.

so you do QD after you wash or just QD in general without washing?

imported_Larry A
07-08-2008, 07:26 PM
so you do QD after you wash or just QD in general without washing?

Both! Whatever is necessary ! I also use a lot of ONR.

imported_sal329
07-08-2008, 07:38 PM
I usually QD after a rain or when the car gets a lil dirty usually mid week, but I wipe around fenders daily

Legacy
07-08-2008, 08:52 PM
I QD daily if only light dust. If a little dirty then ONR and FK425. I rarely do an ONR wash. I use ONR in a garden sprayer at QD strength and use 2 mf to wipe clean. When I need to do an ONR wash I use a leaf blower and wipe down with FK425.