PDA

View Full Version : home detailing are these products what they say they are?

nickery16
07-07-2008, 07:59 PM
ok so im 16 years old i worked at a local used car dealer doing full details the whole school year and i really liked it. so im looking to get into it for a possiable career. i want to purchase some cleaners and such, but i need the cheapest products that will do the best job im looking at buying meguiars products because there cheap and there all concentrate so they will last a while i want to purchase there super degreaser, hyper wash, glass cleaner, wheel brightener, hyper dressing, body solvent, x-press liquid way. i just want to make sure that they do a good job and will make my cars look good so i can get lots of repet customers. i also need to buy a cheap wheel if anyone has a used one i can buy super cheap plz let me know about it. thanks for ure time reading and i hope you can help me get some good and super cheap products thanks.

nick c.

audiguy69
07-13-2008, 11:16 PM
I would start with their Gold Class or Mirror Glaze line if you are starting a business...

NCZ13
07-14-2008, 12:54 AM
i would look into paint correction as well...

Buegie
07-14-2008, 04:52 AM
I would try to hook up with a real local detailer and he can show you the ropes. Detailing at a dealership is usually a quick a messy procedure that produces sub-par results at best. Read over everything in this forum and you`ll learn how things are supposed to be done.

Junebug
07-14-2008, 05:41 AM
First, let me say I`m impressed that at 16 you have a job and are thinking about doing detailing for yourself. Now, there are several kinds of detailers on this site: the guy that just does his cars and has plenty of time and money to buy lots of pricey products and experiment, the part-timer (like me) guys that have regular jobs and detail on the side, and the Pro`s - guys that make their living doing this. Take time to read posts and keep in mind that what is great for one guy may not be the best for you.

I think you`re on the right track, if I were to do it all over, I`d start with the Megs Detailers line, get a G110 and some LC 5.5" CCS pads and go with it. Also, get some Megs 21 2.0 and 26 from the Mirror Glaze line - and if you get into paint correction - 95, 84, 83 and 80.