PDA

View Full Version : Wizards

LQ9SS
07-06-2008, 06:12 PM
Anyone use Wizards products? A local store sells wizards and I must say the products do look appealing.

Discuss.

RIDDLE
07-06-2008, 07:10 PM
ive seen them around. there are only a few threads on autopia about it but from what i gather, save your money.

Big Leegr
07-07-2008, 02:00 PM
I remember reading that the "founder" of Wizards "borrowed" the formulas from Race Glaze and made his own line. Don`t know for certain, but they seem to be fairly similar in appearance. The sealant (Race Glaze) isn`t too bad. I haven`t tried the Wizards stuff, though, as it always seemed rather high priced wherever I saw it. (And dusty-I always got the impression a travelling salesman hit the store, sold some stock and was never heard from again, leaving the stuff to sit on the shelves indefinitely.)

Showroom Shine
07-07-2008, 03:16 PM
I`ve heard of the Wizard Products. There are a couple of detail suppliers that sell them here in Columbus Ohio. They`re on a stand next to the Megs products. I have never used or tried any of them. For that matter never heard anyone talk about them on any of the detail sites. I was tempted to try the detail spray once, when I asked the price, the guy said something ridiculous like $16 I was like no way. Maybe someone who has used them can vouch for their quality. Otherwise I`ll just see them on the rack! Read and not buy! There is so much stuff out there that really works,that`s priced resonably you don`t have to waste money on stuff just for the Hype!

imported_ZimRandy
07-07-2008, 08:37 PM
They are local to me and have a strong following with the weekend car care guys. I used to use a few of their products, but found out it is very similar to Race Glaze and probably just another re-labeled product.

The Mist and Shine detail spray used to be a good deal at about $8 a bottle, but now it is $14 for the spray bottle. A one gallon jug is $52 and it looks very similar to many other detail sprays. They have also discontinued carrying the clay bar. Heck, I even had a neighbor who was one of their salesman in the custom vans and he didn`t give any discounts to any of us, even if we wanted to buy case quantity. However, there was a guy at one show who did have some nice trial size bottles and gave me a few things to try for free.

The only benefit for me was that every auto parts store has the stuff on the shelf if you are in a pinch. At car shows every vendor has a rack of the stuff, but I don`t really have a need for their products any more.

Randy

RitcheyRch
02-19-2009, 01:00 PM
Sorry for bringing up an old thread. Just noticed this stuff being advertised in the Super Chevy magazine.

cashishift
02-19-2009, 01:29 PM
I love their Detail Spray.. I have used almost all their products in one shape or another.

The Shine Master wax stuff is pretty good but doesn`t last long. Very easy to apply/take off.

The Turbo Cut and finish cut works ok.. i`ll have a better idea when i get back to buffing a car.. winter sucks.

I`d be interested to compare them to Megs 105 and 205..

RitcheyRch
02-20-2009, 10:30 AM
I have never heard of the stuff until saw the ad in the magazine.

imported_Jakerooni
02-20-2009, 10:56 AM
I hate downing a product line. But I`ve tried most of the Wizards line of product because it whored out around here like a stripper on a prom date. But I can honestly say in my own personal experience Wizards product are greatly more miss than hit. In fact the only thing I even remotely liked even a little bit was the shine master polish. But for the money they ask you can find much better products out there. They are nothing special and shouldn`t be considered if you`re looking to "Invest" into a product line you want to use.

III
03-03-2009, 01:15 PM
I remember reading that the "founder" of Wizards "borrowed" the formulas from Race Glaze and made his own line. Don`t know for certain, but they seem to be fairly similar in appearance.

Not exactly. If John Schlumpberger, CEO/founder of Wizards, borrowed anything there would be a lawsuit between the 2 companies. You`re correct though, they are similar in appearance, and even in product descriptions. However, they are different. Not by much, but different.

The story went like this from what I remember. This came directly from Mr. Schlumpberger himself. John was the top sales leader for Race Glaze years ago. He wanted Race Glaze to branch out with more products, but Race Glaze didn`t want to. Race Glaze has a very small lineup. Look at their website. John also wanted more responsibility, but that didn`t happen. John left Race Glaze and founded Wizards.

I was using Wizards until last summer. I was strictly using their line for about 2 years. I was impressed with their line, and I was thinking of becoming a distributor for them. Without getting into all the details, I stopped using Wizards.