PDA

View Full Version : No time to detail?

Pages : [1] 2

Evenflow
07-06-2008, 02:16 PM
Anyone else run into this problem? I work 7 days a week, MON-FRI from 9:30-5:30 and SAT-SUN from 7:30 to 4:30. By the time I get home I am usually tired and have no desire to clean my car at all. In fact I don`t think I have washed my car in a good month, and it has to have been at least 4+ months since the last time I waxed it.

I used to wash/wax my car once every two weeks. I wish I had weekends off so I could have some time to detail it.

Legacy
07-06-2008, 02:23 PM
Anyone else run into this problem? I work 7 days a week, MON-FRI from 9:30-5:30 and SAT-SUN from 7:30 to 4:30. By the time I get home I am usually tired and have no desire to clean my car at all. In fact I don`t think I have washed my car in a good month, and it has to have been at least 4+ months since the last time I waxed it.

I used to wash/wax my car once every two weeks. I wish I had weekends off so I could have some time to detail it.

Hire someone to do it for you. With all that overtime you can afford it.

Evenflow
07-06-2008, 02:27 PM
Hire someone to do it for you. With all that overtime you can afford it.

No sense in hiring anyone to do it. I have all the products I need, just need to find time to do it.

imported_Denzil
07-06-2008, 02:30 PM
Drink a Red Bull and have at it. By the time it wears off, you should be done with your car and will crash out and sleep soundly.

imported_detail1
07-06-2008, 02:45 PM

Even God did not work 7 seven days a week. I know that we are in financially difficult times, but u need to take a break. You don`t want to get sick now. I would take a day off to do nothing but rest. Then I would take another day off to take pride in detailing my own car so that it can accurately represent my business.

Good Luck!

blownvert
07-06-2008, 02:45 PM
my bro you can find time! Prob not to polish, but to wash. Unless you take a day off from work on the weekends :)

citizen arcane
07-06-2008, 02:56 PM
Drink a Red Bull and have at it. By the time it wears off, you should be done with your car and will crash out and sleep soundly.

Yup, have that RB and wash one day and maybe LSP the front clip. Then vacuum the next day, do windows the next and next time you wash LSP the center of the car etc., etc. No need to do it all in one day. It`s amazing how many tasks one can do when they are split into little less time consuming chores.

NSXTASY
07-06-2008, 03:13 PM
I sympathize with you.

Take it through the touchless after petrol.

zaxjax
07-06-2008, 03:18 PM
Do a panel or section at time, there is no reason to try to do it all at once.

thesacrifice
07-06-2008, 04:30 PM
forget your car, do you have time to spend with your friends and loved ones?

citizen arcane
07-06-2008, 05:32 PM
forget your car, do you have time to spend with your friends and loved ones?

I defer my post to the more rational one presented here :bow

kustomsol
07-06-2008, 05:50 PM
Here`s where you can really do some good, now and in the future. Teach an interested neighbour`s kid exactly how to do it. the way you want it done. Then he can use you as a reference. At $4+ a gallon, you`d be surprised how many "neighbour`s kids" would jump at a chance to be able to detail a car correctly to pay for their own fuel and as a cash deal. And it will be a lasting skill for him.

You ain`t the lone ranger out there with too much to do and not enough time or energy in which to do it.

imported_Chris223
07-06-2008, 07:43 PM
Want to trade monday-friday schedules? I just had my hours at work cut from 39 to 14 in one week (I`m part time working the summer while home from school). I opened the other day, when the employees had our morning meeting they told us our sales were on pace to be better than last year, and I remarked "aahh, now I can see why my hours got cut". I`m getting furious. 15 hours a week, 3 5 hours shifts, car that gets 20 mpg and 40 miles rnd trip to work... 6 of my 15 hours go towards gas.

99blackSE
07-06-2008, 08:34 PM
I know how ya feel, between jobs and trying to see friends and family, it`s not easy. Honestly I think you just need a solid day off if it`s attainable. Good luck man, don`t burnout!

RDAVEX7
07-06-2008, 09:07 PM
I work alot as well, 8 to 5 (if im lucky) and I have to be on call during the week. Then there is the wekends where im working and on call at night. Not every weekend but a 2 week stint is not fun. I am married with 4 kids also, ages 8, 7, and two 5 year olds. Needless to say I have a busy life and my wife works at night starting around 7 pm usually and the night routine with the kids is almost a full time job with the morning routine too.

I usually wash and dry first thing when I come home and do polishing interior etc. on the weekends. I got my kids involved so washing has gotten faster and they enjoy it. Now they all want to use the rotary, and that aint happening! My son has taken to it the most (3 girls) and could probably do the washing and waxing himself if I let him. It doesnt always work out time wise so any one of the cars can go untouched for a few weeks but I always try to do alittle here and there.