PDA

View Full Version : Removing little bird poops and spots after sitting outside BEFORE I wash??? Help...

ProPedderKustom
07-04-2008, 10:33 PM
So I know that I shouldn`t really try to remove bird craps and other little imperfections that land on my paint before I wash. However, I have an issue. What do I do if I have just washed my car a day or two ago and a little crap or something gets on my paint? Should I remove it as soon as I see it with a little water and a clean towel? Should I leave it on till next ONR wash? Please help me...this is a recurring issue for me [not bird craps but these little pencil eraser-sized brown spots that land on my white car].

Also, what is a good polished to clean the wood accents in my BMW?? I know they are just veneers but it IS real wood. i see little swirl marks/tiny tiny surface scratches from whatever and I want to remove or clean them. Please advice.

Thanks!!!

Sware
07-04-2008, 10:36 PM
You definitely want to get the bird poop off asap

rjom
07-05-2008, 06:07 AM
I carry a little spray bottle of alcohol/water 50/50 for the bird poop, and remove it as fast as I see it.

jedovaty
07-05-2008, 08:07 AM
carry around a little bottle of QD in your trunk with an mf towel and use that. You can buy these plastic pump sprays that hold somewhere between 1-4 oz (they look like mini perfume spritzers) at target or walmart :) Mine has fk425 in it, but I think onr as qd would likely be better :)

distrbd
07-05-2008, 08:32 AM
Last year I did exactly what we all know we`re not suppose to do ,I tried to remove dried up bird poop with just water ,,boy do I ever regret that ,but lesson learnt,I have since been carrying a bottle of PB bug remover in the car and I tell you it`s the best product for this purpose.

thesacrifice
07-05-2008, 02:40 PM
ONR can be diluted to a quick detailer ration (check the bottle). Mix some of that in a spray bottle and its perfect for spot cleaning between washes.

Saleenman607
07-05-2008, 03:38 PM
These are all good responses and I`ll add that I would spritz and let it "dwell" or saturate if you will for a few seconds, then very lightly wipe off WITHOUT scrubbing. Might take 2 or 3 passes this way, however it should result in a swirl/spiderweb free ending.

Saleenman607
07-05-2008, 03:41 PM
I might add that if you let the bomb sit long enough, etching may occur resulting in paint correction.....this will depend on weather conditions..etc,etc.....

ProPedderKustom
07-05-2008, 04:00 PM
Whatever these little brown spots/droppings are, they leave a little spot even when I remove them after sitting for maybe an hour [like if I go in to a restaurant and come out and see them, I carefully remove them and they leave little marks - not sure how I will make them go away].

Saleenman607
07-05-2008, 05:43 PM
Whatever these little brown spots/droppings are, they leave a little spot even when I remove them after sitting for maybe an hour [like if I go in to a restaurant and come out and see them, I carefully remove them and they leave little marks - not sure how I will make them go away].

Without pictures, one can only guess. However, it would seem rather easy to correct using the least aggressive approach as possible.

Pictures would greatly increase our awareness.........

Lumadar
07-05-2008, 06:16 PM

I know exactly what you are talking about. I have been told it is actually pollen, but I think it is bird crap.

Either way, it can leave a nasty stain. Sometimes it comes totally off, others it requires a normal wash and then it is totally gone for me.

I have ONR on order, and I think that has got to be one of the safest and best ways to remove bird crap as it is made to emulsify the contaminants to reduce the risk of marring.

Grab some ONR, I know 99% of the forum has :har:

the other pc
07-05-2008, 10:37 PM
Whatever these little brown spots/droppings are, they leave a little spot even when I remove them after sitting for maybe an hour [like if I go in to a restaurant and come out and see them, I carefully remove them and they leave little marks - not sure how I will make them go away].Real common in SoCal, it’s bug poop.

It’s water soluble but only just. QD will take it off when it’s fresh. If it’s dried on QD will do it but it needs to dwell a bit and maybe take multiple passes. A bug&tar remover will take it off faster but will strip your wax. Clay will take the spots off too, of course.

The spot that’s left behind is a very light stain. Pretty much any paint cleaner like Meg’s Deep Crystal, step 1 will get the stain out.

I usually use a cleaner/wax if I’m just going after a couple residual stains. It takes them out and leaves protection behind. The protection won’t be as long lasting as a dedicated wax but just cleaning off the stain removes whatever wax you had so you’re still ahead of the game. You could top it off with a regular wax but I figure it will be good until the next wax job.

PC.