PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle XMT series

95supra
07-04-2008, 10:02 PM
Anyone have anything good to say about these products..

Im gonna try it on my supra when I get home from my offshore work..

It`s got som swirls on the paint, Its black so ofcourse its easy to see..

I have a Cyclo looking machine that i will be using.

My method will be.

wash the car with megs NXT shampoo

Pinnacle poly clay the whole car

then start off with the XMT #3 with an orange Cyclo pad.

then go with a softer pad.. like blue and XMT #1

And finally a softer white pad with XMT Carnauba finishing Glaze

Then Im gonna test my new jar of Pinnacle Souveran Paste wax

Is this the right way to go.. Hopefully I will get som swirls out, or I would have to try again when my flex 3401 VRG comes in the door.

Im thinkin of ordering som Menzerna products since from what I can see the majority uses this stuff.

I tried this combo on a green 2004 Toyota Hilux and it turned out great. But I guess black is different.

Any thoughts on this ??

95supra
07-05-2008, 11:28 AM
So I guess nobody uses this stuff. Maybe thats an answer by itself ?:cool:

imported_sal329
07-05-2008, 02:50 PM
I know there are a few people over at AutoGeekonline.net that use it. I have yet to hear anything bad about the products.

Legacy
07-05-2008, 02:57 PM
So I guess nobody uses this stuff. Maybe thats an answer by itself ?:cool:Nothing wrong with the XMT line, but Menz will give you better results in a shorter period of time.

95supra
07-05-2008, 03:04 PM
Ok.. I guess I will Try the XMT and then do a second detailing when my Flex arrives and order som Menzerna products.

To have a shelf with all the menzerna products that you guys need to detail a car I need ???

Make a list

95supra
07-05-2008, 03:59 PM
Menzerna Super Intensive Polish PO 83

Menzerna Nano Polish PO 106 FA

Menzerna Polish PO85RD

Menzerna Micro Polish PO 87MC

Menzerna Finishing Glaze PO 115C

Menzerna Sealing Wax APO 60

Is this a great list to have or overkill..

In that case what product would you leave on the list ????

superchargedg
07-05-2008, 04:25 PM

Menzerna Polish PO85RD

Menzerna Micro Polish PO 87MC

Menzerna Finishing Glaze PO 115C

Menzerna Sealing Wax APO 60

Is this a great list to have or overkill..

In that case what product would you leave on the list ????

All you really need from that list is sip and 106ff or fa.Menz 85rd is great for bringing out that last bit of gloss too.Just get the right pads and polisher for the job.

I hated the pc and when i got my flex life was good again and now that im learning the rotary the flex has taken a back seat to some degree.

95supra
07-05-2008, 09:46 PM

Menzerna Polish PO85RD

Ok then I will order these 3 and give it a spin..

What kind of sealant would you buy to use before my carnauba paste wax ?

ZeroDfx
07-07-2008, 12:54 PM
You could stay in the Menzerna line and apply their Full Molecular Jacket (FMJ) sealant; or you could use various others including Blackfire, 4Star, Klasse SG, Wolfgang`s, etc.

The FMJ is super easy to use and very slick; the Blackfire works well for me too; the SG can be a little finicky if you use too much but gives a clean look (some say a little plastic-y).

You`ll have to experiment a bit.

Legacy
07-07-2008, 01:30 PM
Try UPGP youll love it.

superchargedg
07-07-2008, 06:06 PM
Try UPGP youll love it.

I just bought the 4oz sampler pack and cant wait to try it as the FMJ seems to last about a week.

95supra
07-07-2008, 07:18 PM
ugpg sounds almost to good to be tru.. wipe on , And walk away ?? so it doesn`t need to be buffed.. hmm...

maybe I will try it on my 05 passat. But not on my supra.

the supra is only driven every now and then.. it`s a 1995 modell and has 20k miles on it so its not a DD.

atleast I will give it a coat of pinnace souveran paste wax, looking forward to try this on the black paint and see how it pops out. :P

Junebug
07-07-2008, 07:50 PM
If price - uh, bang for your buck is a concern - I`ve found myself coming back to Meguiars for more and more stuff. I have a 08 Honda Accord that I polished and topped with Megs 21 2.0, I had another experienced detailer guess what the LSP was - he thought it was Souveran! Could be my great prep work too - but it really is a great value.