PDA

View Full Version : Carnuba topped with Z5?

imported_RedlineIRL
07-03-2008, 08:53 PM
How well do you all think that Z5 would hold up on top of a carnuba or a carnuba based sealer if I used DWG between them? I polished a friends car around 4 months ago, and never used dishsoap to wash it before or after. I used DWG topped with Z5 x3, and it still has the small tight beading after sitting outside all the time.

Since the polish is sure to have some oils in it, would the durability be any different if using a carnuba based product topped with DWG and followed up with Z5?

dsms
07-03-2008, 09:22 PM
How well do you all think that Z5 would hold up on top of a carnuba or a carnuba based sealer if I used DWG between them? I polished a friends car around 4 months ago, and never used dishsoap to wash it before or after. I used DWG topped with Z5 x3, and it still has the small tight beading after sitting outside all the time.

Since the polish is sure to have some oils in it, would the durability be any different if using a carnuba based product topped with DWG and followed up with Z5?

I like Z2 or Z5pro as a base topped with a nuba. I wouldnt use Z5 over a nuba, you wont get proper bonding to the paint surface.

wfedwar
07-04-2008, 04:32 AM
You won`t know unless you try it.