PDA

View Full Version : paint polishes and compounds, help

sem02TC
07-03-2008, 09:24 AM
So I picked out my buffing machine and some new pads,

i have the cutting, polishing and finishing

And i have a bunch of stuff from sonus coming in as well as klasse

can i use the klasse All-in-one for both the cutting and polishing, and wax for finishing or how should i go about this process?

and can the klasse products be applied my a machine buffer or only by hand?

or do you use some better products to work with??

Accumulator
07-03-2008, 12:43 PM
..can i use the klasse All-in-one for both the cutting and polishing, and wax for finishing or how should i go about this process?

Not for *either*. Despite its name, the KAIO doesn`t do any correction, won`t have any beneficial effect on scratches/swirls/etc. You need a dedicated abrasive polish to fix those. The KAIO just cleans the p aint and lays down a good base for whatever LSP (Last Step Product, i.e, wax/sealant) you use.

.. can the klasse products be applied my a machine buffer or only by hand?

or do you use some better products to work with??

I like the KAIO by machine but I prefer to do the KSG by hand (easier for me to get the whisper-thin application that`s best with that product). Note that KSG should be applied *so* thin that you can barely see it on the paint; one ounce is more than I use on our minivan by a long shot.

The polishes I like to use before the Klasse twins (3M PI-III RC 05933 and MG 05937) are discontinued and getting hard to find, but if I didn`t have those *I* would go with 1Z Pasta Intensiv followed by the 1Z High Gloss, both applied with 4" pads.

Oh, and Welcome to Autopia!