PDA

View Full Version : Menz Polish, do I need something new?

imported_Devilsown
07-02-2008, 11:22 PM
I was working on a BMW today and was using PO106FF and it make the paint shiny as all he!! but I still had some scratchs that it just wasnt cutting out, also it dried and broke down after 3-4 pass`s, then I soaked the pad, (green LC pad) in pad lube and got some more pass`s but as I said before lotz o shine, still some scratch`s. I ordered some Menz SIP po83 I think it is to use with the orange pad (came in today) think that will but through the german paints or should I lean towards something new. I was thinking adding some Optimum Car Polish`s, and 3M to my line up to have a selection at my disposal.

What do you think...

Todays weahter was: 68%humidity, 90deg-F, got to love Lousianina ( i cant spell this state to save my life.)

If I recall correctly I read something about people have the same issue with Menz products, that is that they break down qiuck and dont have the cutting power that the lable claims to say it has.

Legacy
07-02-2008, 11:46 PM
I was working on a BMW today and was using PO106FF and it make the paint shiny as all he!! but I still had some scratchs that it just wasnt cutting out, also it dried and broke down after 3-4 pass`s, then I soaked the pad, (green LC pad) in pad lube and got some more pass`s but as I said before lotz o shine, still some scratch`s. I ordered some Menz SIP po83 I think it is to use with the orange pad (came in today) think that will but through the german paints or should I lean towards something new. I was thinking adding some Optimum Car Polish`s, and 3M to my line up to have a selection at my disposal.

What do you think...

Todays weahter was: 68%humidity, 90deg-F, got to love Lousianina ( i cant spell this state to save my life.)

If I recall correctly I read something about people have the same issue with Menz products, that is that they break down qiuck and dont have the cutting power that the lable claims to say it has.106 is a finishing polish, get SIP if you need more correction. Put a dap of OP to get more working time.

imported_Devilsown
07-03-2008, 12:04 AM
OP meaning Optimum I assume, if so I need to order some...

Legacy
07-03-2008, 12:12 AM
Yes Optimum. Menz can get a little touchy at times. A dap of OP will hold down the dusting and give you more work time especially with SIP

imported_Devilsown
07-03-2008, 12:30 AM
op, is on order... anything else I should get anyone?

Legacy
07-03-2008, 12:33 AM
op, is on order... anything else I should get anyone?

I would get 4" pads with BP for more cut, control, getting in tight areas and a great finish.

Legacy
07-03-2008, 12:34 AM
4" pads with 106 might get those last few scratches out.

imported_Devilsown
07-03-2008, 12:41 AM
already got the pads, I`ll have to have my buddy bring the car back over to try it out, thanks!