PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on these directions?

Krafcik
07-02-2008, 05:27 PM
AcuraZine Community - Ultimate Car Care FAQ (http://www.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=273425&page=1)

NCZ13
07-02-2008, 07:06 PM
in general its looking the right way.

but its not the best information.

theres alot of flaws in his post, but still a great step forward for proper car maintenance.

Holden_C04
07-02-2008, 09:10 PM
There are many, many flaws in that thread but as NCZ13 stated, it is a step forward, not backward.

This is the most bizarre error.

Should I use a rubbing compound?

Only if you want to destroy your paint, or have some serious paint issues you have to resolve by repainting. Compounds will eat through clear coat and are meant for old non-clear coat cars. The modern day replacement, for the most part, will be a paint prep product.

Clearly, Vasu should spend more time here. Polishing is 60-75% of the work and he`s missing out on it.

NCZ13
07-02-2008, 09:22 PM
i think he really should have pointed out the importance of washing, and proper wash technique.

sealants are not the cure-all product he makes them seem like.

he should note that improper use of a water blade will scratch the paint pretty bad, but i find a water blade to be a great tool for windows, or for cars your about to do correction on anyway. Saves time, and with proper use, i.e wiping the blade after every swipe, it has its place among my car washing tools.