PDA

View Full Version : Detailing injuries?

not7fifteen
07-02-2008, 01:39 PM
So I`ve skinned a knuckle or cut a finger once or twice but yesterday took the cake...

Detailing the doorjambs of a 01 Buick LeSabre and I jerked my arm back and clocked my elbow on the edge of the back door. Now this felt like a real bad funnybone shot at first combined with a horrible charlie horse, but then the pain wasn`t fading at all...

Went inside to take a break and put some ice on it. Hurt all night last night and didn`t get much sleep so I went to the doctor today to have it looked at. Said I bruised the bone and caused a stress fracture!

Of all things who messes their self up like this detailing cars!? Pretty sad huh?

mr.ikon
07-02-2008, 01:53 PM
anything can happen. i`ve hurt myself a couple times and some weren`t pretty. but having to go to the doctor is pretty bad. hope you get better.

Krafcik
07-02-2008, 01:58 PM
I`ve hurt my back before from bending/stooping over for to long . . . actually was flat on my back in the garage the damn thing hurt so bad.

TortoiseAWD
07-02-2008, 02:17 PM
I ended up with tennis elbow from working the buffer (had the cortisone shot, etc. ). Still hurts sometimes . . .

Tort

gtpaul
07-02-2008, 02:19 PM
Nothing as of yet, all I know is that I get free massages from my girlfriend before we goto bed.

Banacheq
07-02-2008, 03:40 PM
Mostly cuts and scrapes and sunburns. Nothing major yet (knocks on wood).

I`ve learned to be a lot more careful around edges that aren`t rolled (Ford :furious:).

2002 Z06
07-02-2008, 03:42 PM
Just the usual ones here....I hate scrubbing the floor and hitting the chair rail...hurts soooo bad.

AppliedColors
07-02-2008, 05:44 PM
I hyperextended my elbow picking up my wallet filled with detailing riches...

Don`t I wish.

4fit?
07-02-2008, 05:50 PM
Nothing other than the occasional cut or scrape (damn Mustangs :angry ).

I hyperextended my elbow picking up my wallet filled with detailing riches...

Don`t I wish.

Don`t we all wish!!!!! :D

JonP
07-02-2008, 05:55 PM
So far I have been pretty careful on the cars I worked on. I have jammed my hand into the seat rails a few times vacuuming the floorboard. I did fall off the top of a 6` ladder polishing the roof of a GMC conversion van. I just got up and went back to work. But so far no major injuries.

imported_weekendwarrior
07-02-2008, 06:16 PM
I have sliced my hands when cleaning under seats, around exhaust pipes and under the hood. I have a bad ankle from an old basketball injury in college, and it will start hurting after 10 hours or so of detailing.

rm1mty
07-02-2008, 06:26 PM
Have a scar from getting cut by the plastic cover thing when I went to get to my California water blade.

gtpaul
07-02-2008, 09:12 PM
Well after replying in this thread I:

1. Banged my head twice getting in and out of the Cutlass I worked on today

2. Jammed the bottom edge of the door into my shin.

:clap:

detaildoc
07-02-2008, 09:19 PM
Burn my left forearm with the halogens pretty bad just last month.