PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar`s Tire Shine Gel on Trim?

p_dubs
08-28-2005, 10:14 AM
I use Meguiar`s Tire Shine Gel on my tires to a great shine. I want to know if I could use this product on the trim area of my car. Also why is it that no one on this forum would consider using Armor all. I`ve seen it in stores everywhere.

G35stilez
08-28-2005, 11:56 AM
It would probably be more durable as gels are in general, in my experiences. Be sure to wipe it with a clean MF about 10 mins later to insure nothing will stick to it.

Anthony A
08-28-2005, 05:55 PM
Also why is it that no one on this forum would consider using Armor all. I`ve seen it in stores everywhere.

Because it isn`t cool with the guys who feel they need to order on line and pay out their a$$es. Armor all is a water based dressing and very similar to 303, Vinylx, Mothers, and many others. Nothing wrong with it and it will do no harm if you use it.

PapiJ
08-28-2005, 11:38 PM
Armor All is the run of the mill dressing that barely lasts . It is a decent conditioner though , and even when applying something else more lasting , I used to put Armor All original on 1st to soak into rubber .
Now when I want water based dressing I just go with Top of the LIne in gallons

PA DETAILER
08-29-2005, 06:15 AM
i use their (meguiars) trim detailer. #g-13415. clean-non greasy finish. adjustable sprayer. great product and a time saver!!

tubafeak
08-29-2005, 09:38 AM
I used to use Armorall dressing, it didn`t last a week on my dash, less on the trim. It also got a lot of dust attraction. I still have some that I`ll use on wells and things but there are much better dressings out there. VRT, 303, and many others are superior dressings (better looking, longer lasting, dust repellent) that are at or near the cost of Armorall.

joyriide1113
08-31-2005, 12:20 AM
armorall is a decent waterbased dressing. tends to give a flat black low sheen, low gloss look. which isn`t bad depending on what u want that day. i too have noticed it attracts a bit more dust on dash and trim.