PDA

View Full Version : Bad experience with Vroom Drying MF?

Pages : [1] 2

tC_Crazy
07-01-2008, 07:28 PM
I have a Viking yellow plush drying towel, and recently bought a Vroom, based on the generally great reviews I found here. Unfortunately, my experience with the Vroom has been less than stellar. I use Meguiars GC wash and do a water sheeting (no nozzle) to remove most of the water before drying. Now, when I use the Vroom towel (I washed it before use, again after first use) it seems to "grab" at the paint and there is considerably more friction than I am comfortable with. My Viking towel, on the other hand, seems to "glide" much more easily over the paint. Even after two washes, it still seems too grabby to use and feels like it`s marring the paint. Has anyone else had this experience?

Also, I have tried using this towel with ONR with similar results.

BigAl3
07-01-2008, 07:33 PM
recently bought a Vroom, based on the generally great reviews I found here. Unfortunately, my experience with the Vroom has been less than stellar. I use Meguiars GC wash and do a water sheeting (no nozzle) to remove most of the water before drying. Now, when I use the Vroom towel (I washed it before use, again after first use) it seems to "grab" at the paint and there is considerably more friction than I am comfortable with. Even after two washes, it still seems too grabby to use and feels like it`s marring the paint. Has anyone else had this experience?

try using a QD when drying or blot dry and follow up with a mf towel...

David Fermani
07-01-2008, 08:19 PM
Even after two washes, it still seems too grabby to use and feels like it`s marring the paint.

It may feel like it`s marring the paint, but is it? I`ve never witnessed any marring issues with mine.

imported_JoshVette
07-01-2008, 09:28 PM
I`ve had mine be a little grabby before with me, but not that much and never marring anything.

I think it can be grabby at times because they are so thin, but mine only get grabby when brand new and it doesn`t typically mess me up or anything.

I love them and will use them for a long time.

Josh

David Fermani
07-01-2008, 09:55 PM
It makes me feel better knowing that you`ve had good luck with them too Josh. :2thumbs:

fergnation
07-01-2008, 10:29 PM
My Target has them on sale 2 for 8 bucks. I grabbed them all. I use them to follow up with a waffle weave.

I even have two of them in my bathroom.

I like the Vikings also. But after this last purchase it cost me another hundred bucks to see my psychologist about my latest relapse. This addiction to MF`s even have all my peers in the group session miffed.

imported_JoshVette
07-01-2008, 11:21 PM
It makes me feel better knowing that you`ve had good luck with them too Josh. :2thumbs:

Like I said, I love them..... good quality, no linting, cheap and I can buy them in bulk at my local Target, what`s not too love.:chuckle:

Josh

Pats300zx
07-02-2008, 05:08 AM
I never had any issues with mine as far as grabbing. I bought a bunch on sale. Heck you can`t beat them for $4 each. Very plush and pretty absorbent.

Junebug
07-02-2008, 05:21 AM
Another excuse to go to Target, like my wife needs one - HA! As far as drying towels go, the best I`ve found is this yellow with black trim around the border, it has long fibers on one side. I got it as a freebie from some order I placed months ago, and I can`t remember from where. But, CG has it on their site, I know I didn`t get it from them as I have yet to buy from CG - so damn CRS and old age!

imported_spielnicht
07-02-2008, 08:56 AM
I picked one up yesterday and to my surprise, it was at half price. I got home, washed it, and then gave it a shot on my black X-Type. Overall, I was very impressed. After using it solely to dry the top, I decided to make a quick pass with it on the hood, and then finish off with my Sonus Ultimate Detailing Towel. I liked the results better since the Sonus is easier to work with. I have always used the P21S drying towel with my Sonus, but I was able to dry the car in half the time with the Vroom. I didn`t see any marring. So, I give it :2thumbs:

I`m thinking of going back and getting 2 or 3 more.

9935annivgt
07-02-2008, 09:03 AM
I think that I am going to go to the Kmart Viking towels full time. I picked up a couple and man I am impressed for OTC stuff. I have bought from here and other places and I do not see any huge diff. I used the VROOM drying towels they worked well but I am not impressed by the smaller MF they have.

mose
07-02-2008, 09:44 AM
I have spent WAY more fro drying towels and haven`t been anywhere near as happy as with the Vroom!! I haven`t seen any marring induced by these towels at all!!

dmw2692004
07-02-2008, 09:50 AM
i love my vrooms, i have 10 of them so far and i love themmmmmm. I also use the vroom orange microfibers for interior detailing, other wise i only use Sonus and CG microfibers on my paint.

SuperBee364
07-02-2008, 10:03 AM
I`ve been very happy with the four buck large yellow Vroom towels, too. I`ve been using them for LSP removal. They didn`t even mar soft Bentley paint. My only complaint with Vroom towels is that they don`t last very long, but that is most likely due to my very harsh washing.

The owner of that Bentley also has some of the very nicest MF towels I`ve ever seen. They are even softer than the Eurows, but not quite as thick. They are as large as the yellow Vrooms. Seriously the best I`ve seen. He got them at SEMA last year.

Jim D.
07-02-2008, 01:11 PM
The Vroom drying towels tend to be a little softer, flimsier (is that a word?), and with a finer nap -- and thus grabby. Thus I think they can tend to grab more depending on how you use them.

On a freshly waxed vehicle, you`ll probably notice little difference between the two, so try again after waxing.

I generally prefer a nice waffle-weave over a plush drying towel.