PDA

View Full Version : new & improved PO106ff

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

BigAl3
07-01-2008, 07:13 PM
anyone going to order this newer version as well?

Menzerna Nano Polish PO 106 FA Free Bonus! (http://www.autogeek.net/menzerna-nano-polish-po-106-fa-finishing-polish.html)

Note: Menzerna Nano Polish PO 106 FA is the new and improved version of PO 106 FF. It is currently only available to select U.S. retailers.

http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/autogeek_2009_35478817

imported_shine
07-01-2008, 07:37 PM
I think DD has had this for a little while now but never thought is was advertised as a "new and improved version of FF" until now.

SuperBee364
07-01-2008, 08:17 PM
Yeah, FA has been available since last summer, but as Shine said, I`ve never seen anyplace advertise it as a new and improved FF until now.

imported_DetailDan
07-01-2008, 10:01 PM
I like 106FF better.

Legacy
07-01-2008, 10:07 PM
I like 106FF better.

Why do you like it better?

Holden_C04
07-01-2008, 10:09 PM
Autogeek ought to be careful advertising such claims. I think this could be regarded as false advertising.

imported_rydawg
07-01-2008, 10:24 PM
It`s been out for a year in the UK. I have asked a lot of people what the difference is but I could never get a straight answer from anyone so I went ahead tried it myself and here are the differences.

It`s much better than the FF version and has a lot longer working time and has different lubricants in it so it does not dry out on newer water borne clear paints like FF does. It also does not get as finicky in damp and humid conditions. The lubes are much thicker and wetter.

While some say there is no difference at all, I say there is huge difference and much better improvement.

imported_Devilsown
07-01-2008, 10:25 PM
If this is in fact new and improved.... yes I must get my hands on some this tends to be my most highly used produt, well at least po106ff is

imported_rydawg
07-01-2008, 10:29 PM
Also, I have not tried it on every paint so to say it is better than FF is still not written in stone, but the other day in damp conditions while FF was gumming and clumping with only one drop, FA worked like a charm, but different paints may vary.

imported_DetailDan
07-01-2008, 10:57 PM
Why do you like it better?

I actually feel the opposite of Ryan. Its funny because Ive read many times that the lubricants are a lot better in FA, exactly like he said. But my FA just doesnt work nearly as nice as FF.

I actually had the exact opposite thing happen to me. FA was gumming up, switched to FF and it worked flawlessly. This was in colder weather. I tried it again in warmer weather on a different car and it was making my pad hop, which I NEVER get when using CCS blue. Switched to FF and problem solved.

Starting to make me think I might of gotten a bad bottle of FA or something.

snowskate
07-01-2008, 11:37 PM
off topic:

Rydawg: nice change in your avatar! you certainly deserve it after BATTLING that Ford!

imported_rydawg
07-01-2008, 11:38 PM
It sounds like you could have gotten a bad batch. I would try shaking the hell out of it for 10 minutes while banging the bottle on your hand to shake things up good and see what happens.

Keep it away from the center of the pad as this will result in lube chatter from friction. I always put 2 to 4 drops around the edge of the pad. It will spread finely to the middle of the pad on it`s own perfectly after it is refined.

If you are still having issues then it could be a bad batch.

Hope this helps!

imported_rydawg
07-02-2008, 12:30 AM
off topic:

Rydawg: nice change in your avatar! you certainly deserve it after BATTLING that Ford!

Thanks! Ya that was the first blue one I did. I just finished my second blue one the other day and should have the C&B up this week.

Bigpoppa3346
07-02-2008, 06:30 AM
Can FA fill like FF does?

99blackSE
07-02-2008, 06:59 AM
Autogeek ought to be careful advertising such claims. I think this could be regarded as false advertising.

They might want to change that bit at the bottom about Menz not having a sealant as well.