PDA

View Full Version : Tying poli-seal for the first time....any tips.

superchargedg
07-01-2008, 04:41 PM
I am trying poli-seal for the first time as i see alot of people like it.Are there any tips you guys can provide such as what speed to use on the flex 3401.One last question does it breakdown and flash like a normal polish or how far should i take it.

Thanks

dmcphee07SI
07-04-2008, 04:08 PM
bumpty bump

Scottwax
07-04-2008, 04:50 PM
Never used it with the Flex. By PC or UDM, I spread it on 5, work in on 6 for a few passes. Pretty much disappears into the paint unless you use too much.

mixxer
07-04-2008, 05:05 PM
i have a flex but i usually use my pc for AIO`S ,speed 4-5 work it in and like scott says it will disappear then wipe clean.

mblgjr
07-05-2008, 10:20 AM
Can`t answer the flex part...

PC; Speed6; LC orange pad works perfectly for me.

Apply sparingly; spread on surface; work until it disappears and anything left on the surface will flash over and can be easily buffed off.

superchargedg
07-05-2008, 04:30 PM
Well i finally used it and did it with a green lc pad and can only say wow.I used the flex at speed 4 and at first i used way to much product cause it took a long time to disappear.I then used less product and could see it disappear about a half inch behind the pad.I love the look it gives and it was easy as heck to use...........now i just have to top it with with the UPGP i ordered.

golfdude
07-15-2008, 12:16 AM
I`ve noticed streaking on darker color cars if you use too much poliseal. A little bit goes a long way, especially since it is so easy to spread. I just used it today on my car too! Enjoy it.

Lumadar
07-15-2008, 01:32 AM
I just detailed a Lapus (sp?) blue Porsche Carrera on Monday and followed a M105/OP combo with a single pass of Poli-seal on a LCC white pad on speed 5 on my FLEX 3401. I also loved working with this product, and used the OPT spray wax during removal and it worked great.

It literally took the blue and added a whole new level of depth and brought out a purple hue that simply did not exist before use.

thesacrifice
07-15-2008, 02:20 AM
I`ve noticed streaking on darker color cars if you use too much poliseal. A little bit goes a long way, especially since it is so easy to spread. I just used it today on my car too! Enjoy it.

Yup, too much and it will gunk up. Very little product is the key.

imported_sal329
07-15-2008, 10:54 AM
My 4oz sample came in today along with some ONR. I hope to test both out this weekend.