PDA

View Full Version : Glass polishing

blownvert
06-30-2008, 08:36 PM
I have a Lake Country 5.5 Inch Glass Polishing Pad. What polishs would i use to polish and then seal it? I have poorboys ssr, clearkote VM, Pink Moose, RMG, CMW, Poorboys Nattys blue. I havent tried it yet, but does it really work and get some scratches out of the windows, obviously only on the outside your polishing.

BigJimZ28
06-30-2008, 08:41 PM
glass is very hard and none of that stuff will remove scratches

they will clean the glass but that`s about it

there are several threads with links if you need more info try a search

blownvert
06-30-2008, 09:20 PM
glass is very hard and none of that stuff will remove scratches

they will clean the glass but that`s about it

there are several threads with links if you need more info try a search

so really what would be the difference between cleaning the glass with a towel and a glass cleaner vs polishing the glass with a glass pad? I dont really have any scratches, but im sure cleaning the glass with a PC vs the hand is much better.

imported_Ivan Rajic
07-01-2008, 01:28 AM
Blown it`s better for the logical reason same as with paint... PC with a pad and polish, whether a chemical one like Klasse AIO or mechanical like Menz SIP, 106ff, etc., will simply clean the glass better and remove contamination easier... I use the low profile orange pads from autogeek with 106ff and/or KAIO on glass (usually only front windshields) with great results.

blownvert
07-01-2008, 06:39 AM
Blown it`s better for the logical reason same as with paint... PC with a pad and polish, whether a chemical one like Klasse AIO or mechanical like Menz SIP, 106ff, etc., will simply clean the glass better and remove contamination easier... I use the low profile orange pads from autogeek with 106ff and/or KAIO on glass (usually only front windshields) with great results.

so just polish VM maybe and not seal?

imported_Ivan Rajic
07-01-2008, 08:00 AM
I use Klasse SG on front and rear glass, which doesn`t move.

blownvert
07-01-2008, 08:17 AM
i only have the polishes i listed above. im not going to buy a brand new polish to just do glass. I think i might try VM then CMW, it says you can use for glass.

imported_Ivan Rajic
07-01-2008, 12:13 PM
i only have the polishes i listed above. im not going to buy a brand new polish to just do glass. I think i might try VM then CMW, it says you can use for glass.

Klasse SG is the sealant I use after polishing... for polishing I`ve used Klasse AIO and 106ff on white and black LC pads. The polishes you have should be fine

mose
07-01-2008, 12:18 PM
I have always used KAIO w/white CCS on glass and it works very well!! I too purchased one of the LC glass polishing pads but am not sure I like it. I have tried it with the Diamondite Glass Resurfacing Creme and it wasn`t a nice mix. The pad skipped all over the place and made more of a mess than anything else. I haven`t tried that pad with KAIO yet. Might give it a shot this weekend. If I do I will post my findings.

BigAl3
07-10-2008, 07:35 PM
you may want to give this a shot... 5 Inch Glass Polishing Pads 3 Pack (http://autogeek.net/glass-polishing-pad-5inch.html)

blownvert
07-10-2008, 08:55 PM
you may want to give this a shot... 5 Inch Glass Polishing Pads 3 Pack (http://autogeek.net/glass-polishing-pad-5inch.html)

whats the difference between the one i have now and used. I just used it last week with VM on glass pad and CMW by hand. Came out smooth, but i have another post with windshield issue. I have all these tiny particles over the windshield that i can see when im driving. Maye the glass abrasives went all over everywhere. Its not chip dings because there tiny and all over everywhere. I dunno. I think it went away a little when i washed the car.

BigAl3
07-10-2008, 09:48 PM
whats the difference between the one i have now and used. I just used it last week with VM on glass pad and CMW by hand. Came out smooth, but i have another post with windshield issue. I have all these tiny particles over the windshield that i can see when im driving. Maye the glass abrasives went all over everywhere. Its not chip dings because there tiny and all over everywhere. I dunno. I think it went away a little when i washed the car.

these are newer and by the description, seem a little more coarse. i guess there is only one way to find out...

http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/autogeek_2010_54437371

Joel_MD
07-11-2008, 06:03 AM
I have a Lake Country 5.5 Inch Glass Polishing Pad. What polishs would i use to polish and then seal it? I have poorboys ssr, clearkote VM, Pink Moose, RMG, CMW, Poorboys Nattys blue. I havent tried it yet, but does it really work and get some scratches out of the windows, obviously only on the outside your polishing.

A couple of months ago I used the LC 5.5" glass pad, along with DP High Performance Glass Restorer, to polish the windshield on my 2000 Chrysler 300M. I used it with my PC 7424 set on 6, and it seemed to remove some minor scratches and pitting. Afterwards I washed the vehicle, sealed all the glass with Opti Seal, and replaced the windshield wipers. The glass looks great after this treatment.

blownvert
07-11-2008, 07:20 AM
I only went up to speed 4, but it does look better. I will see if the particles lessen after each wash. Maybe because my glass is so clean now. Other than that all the windows are so clean and smooth.

tezzyclayt
07-11-2008, 09:25 AM
Hi, Dont know if I can get lake country glass polishing pads to fit my Flex XC3401 VRG 6"backing plate, but if I could would I be correct in saying, that to do car windscreen I would firstly clay,then polish with Diamondite Glass restorer, do I need to apply anything else to to outside of the screen,and what about the inside? Thanks Terry (New to Detailing)