PDA

View Full Version : Foam cannon fun

Pages : [1] 2

ptirmal
06-30-2008, 06:47 PM
Well a friend dropped by because he wanted to wash his car with my foam cannon... He brought his own soap which was some nasty (looked like it was 10 yrs old) turtle wax zip wash, or something along those lines.

3oz to 29oz of water, foam was meh but it was the first time it was more than just me so I decided to record it, haha.

Husky 2600 psi 2.3gpm honda powered pressure washer...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v608/princecupid214/th_MVI_1101.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v608/princecupid214/?action=view&current=MVI_1101.flv)

Some neighbors walking by saw us and asked (jokingly) if I could do their car next...

Sad thing is my next door neighbor saw us and decided to clean her cars, they have a SL500, Lincoln Mark LT and a Ford Thunderbird (newest model) - she proceeded to spray them down with a nozzle from her garden hose and then wipe them down with a rag :scared:

Jscort98
07-01-2008, 10:18 AM
Foam cannons are so cool. Nice vid.

Binzes
07-01-2008, 10:59 AM
That`s awesome, I`ve never seen none in action before!

bookeem
07-01-2008, 11:58 AM
u didnt get in the wheel wells lol

ptirmal
07-01-2008, 12:28 PM
I was the camera man in the video. That was my friend and his car. We sprayed the wheel wells with APC after we rinsed it with high pressure. Next time I`ll try to get some footage of the good stuff which makes thick foam...

thesacrifice
07-01-2008, 12:40 PM
so....how do you like it? I`ve pretty much locked away my foam gun (note:not foam cannon) because it seems rather gimmicky.

imported_advs1
07-01-2008, 12:47 PM
whoo hoo, thats awesome!! i`m working on getting one that sprays vertical, instead of horizontal. i want to make pretend i am painting my cars with foam!! i should try to make my own video, maybe i`ll talk my son into it. i might foam him as well, if he needs a shower??

ptirmal
07-01-2008, 01:02 PM
It saves me a lot of trouble and time so I like it. With his car we just sprayed it down, let it soak for a few and cleaned it down with a cheap sponge, he doesn`t really care about his car paint.

With my car, the silver wrx in the background, I use it as a prewash while letting it soak for 5 minutes or so, high pressure rinse and then reapply, finally going at it with a natural sea sponge. I prefer not having the second bucket (only a rinse, which gets pretty soapy after one panel). The foam sticks on the car for the entire wash and is a lot more effective for me than the 2 bucket method.

Evenflow
07-01-2008, 02:56 PM
So how does it work out with washing the car??

I have a pressure washer, and would love to do a one bucket w/ grit guard instead of two buckets and dunking into the soap each time.

ptirmal
07-01-2008, 03:32 PM
So how does it work out with washing the car??

I have a pressure washer, and would love to do a one bucket w/ grit guard instead of two buckets and dunking into the soap each time.

I described how I do it above. Others may do it differently but basically you can use it as a prewash or just to lay the foam down and go at it with a mit/sponge etc. I do both... I do it when it`s cloudy or the sun is going down and even the one time I did half the wash in direct sunlight the foam wouldn`t dry up! I just rinse the sponge out in the rinse bucket every few passes.

My pressure washer uses different angle tips in quick disconnect fashion and the camspray foam cannon ( Cam Spray 527100 - Foamer Attachment (http://www.everypressurewasher.com/asp/show_detail.asp?sku=CAM1243) ) also uses this method (or the standard screw secured method) so it makes the whole process really quick.

Evenflow
07-01-2008, 04:05 PM
I described how I do it above. Others may do it differently but basically you can use it as a prewash or just to lay the foam down and go at it with a mit/sponge etc. I do both... I do it when it`s cloudy or the sun is going down and even the one time I did half the wash in direct sunlight the foam wouldn`t dry up! I just rinse the sponge out in the rinse bucket every few passes.

My pressure washer uses different angle tips in quick disconnect fashion and the camspray foam cannon ( Cam Spray 527100 - Foamer Attachment (http://www.everypressurewasher.com/asp/show_detail.asp?sku=CAM1243) ) also uses this method (or the standard screw secured method) so it makes the whole process really quick.

Very good. I will have to look up how to get a foam cannon setup, I am interested in one.

ptirmal
07-01-2008, 05:36 PM
Well you said you already have a power washer... you just need the Cam Spray Foam Cannon attachment I linked and you`re set!

Evenflow
07-01-2008, 05:47 PM
Well you said you already have a power washer... you just need the Cam Spray Foam Cannon attachment I linked and you`re set!

Ahh I see. Got a link for that? I just bought a foam gun too lol. Oh well.

ptirmal
07-01-2008, 05:59 PM
Ahh I see. Got a link for that? I just bought a foam gun too lol. Oh well.

Cam Spray 527100 - Foamer Attachment (http://www.everypressurewasher.com/asp/show_detail.asp?sku=CAM1243)

return that gun!

blownvert
07-01-2008, 06:37 PM
looks cool and works out well with that pressure