PDA

View Full Version : Marque d"Elegance vs. #885

baker
06-30-2008, 10:30 AM
Anyone used the both of these collonite products? I have #885 fleetwax and just love it and hear that it is very long lasting. Is the Marque D`elegance and diferent, or better, or worse? Your experiences please.

imported_Gears
06-30-2008, 03:26 PM
I`ve been waiting for this question to surface again, it seems to pop up often. The posts on the previous threads seem to say that 885 is the same as 915 Marque D`elegance.

Its common knowledge that 885 and 476 are the same product and when contacted the owners of Collinite have said or hinted that 885/476 is the same as 915.

They state that 915 is priced higher so the consumer feels its a better product. They said that 476 was what they use.

:nono:nono:nono

In the past week I`ve done 4 cars, two done with 885/476 and two done with 915. I don`t think these waxes are the same. They both go on about the same but 915 has a nicer oder. 915 is easier to remove and has a much brighter gloss that 476. :cooleek:

Cleaning the pads I used to apply the wax has showen a huge difference, that is that 915 washes out easy while 476 is just about impossible to remove from a pad.

476= :bawling:

915=:woot2:

The Collinite web site MSDS info lists 885 and 476 as the same product but 915 has a separate sheet and list no other product on it.

The Collinite web site says that 915 has more Carnauba than their other waxes, this is most likely the reason it doesn`t last as long a 476.

:furious:

So why all the misinformation from Collinite contacts? I have a theory.

Most people don`t want to wax their cars. Collinite knows this so they will say that 476 is their best wax and its as good as the more expensive wax,915.

The fact that they say that they use 476 does not impress me. Are the Collinite guys as consumed with their cars appearence as we are of ours? Maybe these guys only want to wax once a year.:dig

If using long lasting wax is your goal it hard to find better than 885/476, but if you want a long last wax that some, maybe me, would call a beauty wax 915 is going to serve you well.:bounce