PDA

View Full Version : "But sir this is a waterless carwash!"

Pages : 1 [2] 3

GlossyTundra
06-30-2008, 07:17 AM
Struck me at a gas station in Wilmington. Guy comes up to my dirty truck with a filthy terry cloth and askes to detail the truck. I was coming home from a detail job and had all my stuff in the back and told him I didnt want it that I had like $1500 worth of stuff in the bed. His expression went from :) to :( quickly lol.

imported_weekendwarrior
06-30-2008, 07:28 AM
As soon as we went on water restrictions last year, those guys started popping up.

BlueZero
06-30-2008, 07:44 AM
That`s crazy. I`ve never had that happen around here. Of course just about every gas station here has a car wash, so it would be taking away business.

qballjr13
06-30-2008, 10:26 AM
It must be a Massachuesetts thing. I saw the same guys at a Shell station in Worcester. Luckily (for them) they never made it to my truck.

Junebug
06-30-2008, 10:42 AM
I feel your pain, but if you`re married - and get taken to the mall with a short leash around your neck ( married guys know all too well) and you`re trying to get from store to store without some gal trying to rub lotion on you - then you know what annoying is all about! I keep trying to get my wife to let me release my inner Redneck and tell those pushy sales chicks what they can lotion up for me - but she just can`t get down to my level sometimes.

imported_cushdrive
06-30-2008, 11:13 AM
I was in my e36 not long ago (which will be repainted next week) at a Hess and this guy with his ~21 year old female assistant wearing next to nothing was peddling this waterless junk. I told him if his assistant could get this dull spot in the middle of my hood (which didn`t exist) out, then I would buy a can. I let the girl bend over my car to get the imaginary spot....the 20 minutes I spent with a white LC and 106ff after the incident were worth it.

ThumperMX113
06-30-2008, 12:14 PM
Pretty funny story. :lol

BlueLibby04
06-30-2008, 09:21 PM
Never had it happen to me but I would take that can and sling it if they spray it on my paint.

blownvert
06-30-2008, 09:32 PM
I just went up the street to get gasoline, and there was this clueless kid with a stand outside the station selling his aerosol "waterless car wash". I saw him spraying other peoples cars with it, then taking his FILTHY terry clothes and wiping the residue off to show that "new shine". I`m trying to fill as fast as I can so I can leave but this pump is SLOW!

He finally comes over to me and gives me the waterless schpeel. I said to him ok cool, but no thanks. And he goes "Why sir?" and then he goes "here let me show you a test spot on your car!" as if he was benefiting me somehow. I told him politely no, and then he proceeded to go and try to do it anyways. Now it takes A LOT to get me angry but for some reason I felt the only way to get this kid off my back was to use a few choice words, which I will not include here. I said listen kid, you better get away from my car with that dirty rag. You`ve already cleaned probably 20 cars with that same rag this morning and there`s no way that is coming in contact with my paint. And everyone else was around and actually heard me say this to him and the best thing he could do was give a little "heh". Then he goes "But sir this is a waterless carwash! this means that this dirt wont get onto your car!." And that`s when I really went off on him.

This has been an on going problem at this gas station (SHELL) for the past few weeks and I have been lucky to not get hit by any of these "detailers" until today.

Just had to share, I was :hairpull the whole ride home.

my bro i will protect u! ive seen those kids there before at the gas station shell at cobbs haha those crappy products. he would of swirled your paint! my bro get fk1 #425 :furious:

blownvert
06-30-2008, 09:34 PM
Struck me at a gas station in Wilmington. Guy comes up to my dirty truck with a filthy terry cloth and askes to detail the truck. I was coming home from a detail job and had all my stuff in the back and told him I didnt want it that I had like $1500 worth of stuff in the bed. His expression went from :) to :( quickly lol.

hahaha thats funny

blownvert
06-30-2008, 09:35 PM
Someone tried that with my car about a year ago. I told the guy if he touched my car, that can would go sideways up his "out" hole and I`d make it fit if I had to.

lol everyones posts are so funny

gtpaul
06-30-2008, 10:53 PM
I was at the local Wednesday car show up here and the same old couple whose been selling a "Dri-Wash" system for the past 5 years have their little table setup demonstrating their product on the decalled out van. I said to my girlfriend I wonder how many swirls that van has.

I`d rather drive through a touchless car was then rub dirt all over my paint.

ThumperMX113
06-30-2008, 10:56 PM
There`s a place for waterless washes though, products like Poorboys Spray and Wipe and ONR. I just would never use them if the car was more than slightly dusty.

gamby
06-30-2008, 11:14 PM
The whole phenomenon really smacks of some sort of pyramid scheme that these dudes bought into.

"Make a fortune by taking advantage of water restrictions and selling our awesome waterless car wash!!!"

I`m glad I read this, because now I know to look out for it. I`ll warn my wife.

Classiks
06-30-2008, 11:26 PM
Never heard of these people but that`s pretty funny, I`d be hella pissed.