PDA

View Full Version : Paint rubbing off...

di2ferio
06-27-2008, 11:24 PM
alright guys im new in the site, but im not new to cars or detailing. For my first post in here i wanted to know why when i polish/wax my car ALL my pads turn black. It only takes a few seconds for it to turn black too. My process in washing my car was:

Meg`s Gold Class wash

Mothers Clay bar

Then started off with Meg`s #83 and ended up with this (applied by a PC)

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e365/di2ferio/IMG_4270.jpg

this is the second time this happened to me, because the first time i polished/waxed my car it did the same thing but i thought it wouldn`t do it a second time.

In my opinion i think my paint is coming off, but maybe i can get some other opinions or experiences from anyone else... thanks

trodd69
06-30-2008, 04:17 PM
I`m no expert but looking at that pad - and because the car`s clean before polishing - I think it`s got to be paint. Are you thinking that your`s is single stage or clear coat?

Strange how you never seem to hear of pads turning red etc, it`s always black.

Buegie
06-30-2008, 04:22 PM
what kind of car have you got? You probably have single stage paint

BigJimZ28
06-30-2008, 04:41 PM
Strange how you never seem to hear of pads turning red etc, it`s always black.

I see more red ss than black

and the red never seem to come out of the pad

to the OP

the paint is single stage (no clear coat)

and this is normal

:welcome

di2ferio
07-02-2008, 03:46 AM
hey sorry for the late response thanks for the help everyone... and with more research i found out that it does have single stage paint job...

this site is awesome for people that love their cars to be clean.:heelclick

Lumadar
07-02-2008, 03:59 AM
hey sorry for the late response thanks for the help everyone... and with more research i found out that it does have single stage paint job...

this site is awesome for people that love their cars to be clean.:heelclick

Knowing that it is SS, you *may* want to try working with #80 instead. SS are softer and you can likely achieve everything you need to with #80, and maybe only use #83 in trouble spots.

Good luck!

imported_Ivan Rajic
07-02-2008, 07:02 AM
Knowing that it is SS, you *may* want to try working with #80 instead. SS are softer and you can likely achieve everything you need to with #80, and maybe only use #83 in trouble spots.

Good luck!

I agree... #80 is great for SS even by PC

di2ferio
07-02-2008, 11:19 AM
maybe next time i decide to polish it i`ll use #80. thanks again for all the help. i didn`t know that i would be so interested in car detailing... i`ve already started a collection of polishes/waxes and LC pads AIO all i need is a good wheel cleaner