PDA

View Full Version : qd detailers question

BMW_M
06-27-2008, 05:53 PM
I am curious about quick detailers. Can they be used in interior? door panels, dash...

stuff like WAUD, scholl SW10...

imported_JoshVette
06-27-2008, 06:02 PM
I wouldn`t. Typically a product should be used as directed.

Most QD`s are designed with watered down carnuaba or polymers in them so they are specifically designed for paints so I would not use them on vynals and leathers and such.

Josh

wfedwar
06-27-2008, 07:29 PM
You`d be amazed at how many products are basically water+PDMS+surfactant/emulsifier... QD products are designed for paint, exterior plastics, and glass. That`s basically the same stuff as on the interior. I`d try to keep it away from leather, as that`s the only surface not normally on the exterior. All that being said, the new version of Meg`s QID is excellent and is designed specifically for interiors. It`s cheap, too.

BMW_M
06-28-2008, 06:20 AM
well I didn`t wanted to use it on leather that`s for sure, I got leather conditioner for such job but only on dash and door panels, booth vinyl. I saw eagleone commercial where they spray QD inside the car, never tried this, I am wondering is there any shine left after it? I don`t like shine.

Also, in new car, like 2008 BMW 335i, is it necessary to use any product on dash except wet and dry microfiber?

Eliot Ness
06-28-2008, 08:09 AM
......Also, in new car, like 2008 BMW 335i, is it necessary to use any product on dash except wet and dry microfiber?You might want to add something for UV protection. I personally like 303 Aerospace Protectant..... apply and then buff off with a MF and it will not have a shiny appearance. For $5 they will send you several samples of their products, including the protectant:

303 Products Inc.: Free Samples (http://www.303products.com/tech/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=113)