PDA

View Full Version : New OCW vs. AW comparisons?

Pages : [1] 2 3

AudiOn19s
06-27-2008, 08:52 AM
I`m about ready to order another gallon of one of these products and trying to decide which one to get. I quickly went through a couple of gallons of the origional OCW when they first released it and was very happy with the product but upon the discovery and use of AW I found it to be a bit less finiky to use in difficult situations. Granted OCW was about as trouble free as you could get for a product but I sometimes got streaking when I lacked shade on warm/humid days.

So I`ve now gone though a couple gallons of AW with no complaints but I don`t feel that it gives quite the durability or glow I was getting from the OCW.

In looking for comparisons of the new OCW vs. AQ and I`m not seeing much and was curious if anyone with first hand experience cared to chime in.

Thanks

Andy

HiDefDetailer
06-27-2008, 11:06 AM
I was a big AW fan (and still am to a certain extent), but once I tried OCW new formula - it`s my go to wax for durability, shine and ease of use. I still use AW but more so for glass and wheels. No luck with using OCW in those situations.

AudiOn19s
06-27-2008, 11:23 AM
Are you using it as a stand alone? I think some of my issues with OCW were in that I was using it as a topper when cleaning up any residue left over from whatever I used as a base for protection. AW seem`d to work better in that role....in reading several reviews of the new OCW looks like I might be going back to the optimum to try it out.

Gemini13
06-27-2008, 11:36 AM
I have both the new OCW and AW and although I do like both I do prefer the look of OCW. But both have there place with me.

Scottwax
06-27-2008, 02:06 PM
AW looks a bit too `sealant` for my tastes on darker cars while the new OCW looks great on all colors and has excellent depth on darker colors.

jesselyons2002
06-28-2008, 12:12 AM
OCW v2 is way better then AW. Once you use it, your love the shine and "glow" from the car.

RobD
06-28-2008, 06:28 PM
Is it worth buying it for light colored cars.. assuming you already have other spray type lsp`s to use up (AW, Z8, FX, etc.)? TIA

Glossmaster
06-29-2008, 09:24 AM
In my experiences with both products, I suggest going with BOTH. Scottwax is right on the money. (as always) AW produces a "sealant" type of look. In fact, I use AW as a "gloss booster". AW over a sealant or synthetic wax really amps up the gloss factor on my black paint. (acrylics & 1000P come to mind)It`s also great on exterior glass & chrome. OCW v2 produces more of a "carnauba look" in terms of depth & warm glow. OCW v2 sets itself apart from AW when using it as a standalone lsp, IMO. I get minium 2 months durability from the new OCW down here in the harsh & ridiculously hot sunny conditions in West Texas. But to be truthful, I rarely let a product go that long without some type of refresher after washes. If it`s a "one product or the other" type of thing, go with AW on light colors & OCW v2 on darker colors. Both are effortless to use. But as for more me, I use both.

Fallz
06-30-2008, 11:32 PM
I went from DG to OPT , NOW back to DG . Personally I think AW blows away the OCW in shine , depth and durability. It also really depends on what you do with it underneath the AW . I went back to 105 followed by 111 pure sealant that does not look plastic like the "Z" , QD with FC&S , and AW for occasion maint. Looks stunning to me and my customers.

thesacrifice
07-01-2008, 12:35 PM
FC&S is a great QD!

Rock
07-03-2008, 09:51 AM
V2 OCW doesn`t blew me off. I still prefer AW on my black. AW works standalone.

Fallz
07-07-2008, 06:56 PM
Everyone has their different flavor . Not that one is worse than the other just different preferences I guess. I ordered the new OCW , ONR , Protectant , Poli-seal , and was not impressed at all . They have been called to boat duty on my personal boat to use the stuff up.

If I had to give the nod to anything it would be the ONR.

imported_NHBFAN
10-20-2008, 09:09 PM
OPS + OCW has to be one of the easiest combos for paint in good condition

Thomas Dekany
10-20-2008, 10:04 PM
I LOVE the new OCW.

Looks great on every color.

dervdave
10-21-2008, 12:18 AM
I LOVE the new OCW.

Looks great on every color.

Its an absolutely superb product !