PDA

View Full Version : Dog Scratches on Lexus-advise Needed

JimmyS5600
06-26-2008, 04:57 PM
Hi All, A friend stopped by with a three month old Lexus,has fairly deep scratches on both left side doors from a dog. Some you can`t feel with your fingernail some you can.

My question is what is the best way to attack this issue? Wet sand? Need your input please.

By the way,it is a metallic black finish

Thanks

schybrid
06-26-2008, 06:02 PM
Can`t help myself, don`t mean to be trite but a needle to put the dog to sleep is the first step.

yup, i hate it when the "owner" lets them jump all over teh side of the car, :wall

Bobby G
06-26-2008, 06:07 PM
Lighten up on the pets... this will turn into a hot topic you don`t want to deal with!

Dane Guy
06-26-2008, 09:31 PM
yup, i hate it when the "owner" lets them jump all over teh side of the car, :wall

My Dane never jumps but 2 days ago someone came over and wouldn`t you know it she jumped on the door. I almost had a heart attack!!!!!!!! :furious:

Fortunately, no scratches.

TortoiseAWD
06-27-2008, 11:18 AM
"I don`t believe in the concept of hell, but if I did I would think of it as filled with people who were cruel to animals." -- Gary Larson

"Heaven goes by favour. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in." -- Mark Twain

Tort

TortoiseAWD
06-27-2008, 11:19 AM
Lighten up on the pets... this will turn into a hot topic you don`t want to deal with!

Amen to that.

"I don`t believe in the concept of hell, but if I did

I would think of it as filled with people who were

cruel to animals." -- Gary Larson

"Heaven goes by favour. If it went by merit, you would

stay out and your dog would go in." -- Mark Twain

Tort

Mark77
06-27-2008, 11:59 AM
The moderators are 100% correct here. The problem usually comes down to the owners not the pets.

TortoiseAWD
06-27-2008, 12:32 PM
Hi All, A friend stopped by with a three month old Lexus,has fairly deep scratches on both left side doors from a dog. Some you can`t feel with your fingernail some you can.

My question is what is the best way to attack this issue? Wet sand? Need your input please.

By the way,it is a metallic black finish

ThanksI wouldn`t wetsand, but that`s because I have no experience doing it . . . others will have to advise you on that.

If it was *my* car, I`d probably take a whack at the scratches with a 4" pad and a Porter Cable and just try to make them less noticeable, and accept that they`re not going to come out completely (especially if I planned to keep the car for years to come).

Good luck,

Tort

Scottwax
06-27-2008, 12:55 PM
Without seeing the car, no way to tell you what will definitely work. Start with something like Meguiars Scratch X and increase aggressiveness as needed.