PDA

View Full Version : 32 seconds in, this video gets good

Scottwax
06-25-2008, 09:15 PM
Storms blew up big time here in the DFW area. Got this lightning video while waiting at a light. You can see a few flashes, then a huge bolt at around the 32 second mark. No idea how to edit it down, so enjoy Queen`s Under Pressure which was playing on the radio while I was making the video. :)

YouTube - Lighting (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZTfUzGo3Z8)

mr.ikon
06-25-2008, 09:37 PM
Whew. Last lightning storm I`ve seen that was really intense was back at Colorado in `97.

thesacrifice
06-26-2008, 12:34 AM
We just get such rapid lightning out west, sucks. I went to Virginia a few years back and was amazed to see the sky flashing every couple of seconds, rocked!

jbone
06-26-2008, 01:06 AM
around us the past month has been crazy! weve been getting storms like never before. weird. I love lightning!!!!

TSC17
06-26-2008, 07:40 AM
Scott,

I lived in the mid-cities area for a while back in the 90`s, and I remember the intense line of storms that would always roll through, especially in the spring. You really don`t expect to have a roof on your house in the DFW area for more than about 5 years, because you WILL get hit with major hail! Roofing, body shops, and insurance are all big business in that area.

We had an awesome light show here in Ohio last night. The tornado sirens were going off for about an hour, and it got quite ugly.