PDA

View Full Version : Autogeek is crazy

Pages : [1] 2 3

blownvert
06-25-2008, 05:29 PM
I wanted to purchase my 3.5" BC and 4" LC spot pads and they are charging me $12.95 for shipping. If they sent it usps parcel it would be so much cheaper. Why is AG shipping outragous and thats the only place that sells the pads that I want. I want LC that are 4". Cant do the code for free shipping since not spending enough and 10% helps somewhat. Is there any other place that sells LC 4" and 3.5" BC?

Buegie
06-25-2008, 05:44 PM
Phil sell them at Detailers Domain. I did a quick check for you and got about $9 for shipping, that includes the plate and a set of two 4" pads

blownvert
06-25-2008, 05:56 PM
Phil sell them at Detailers Domain. I did a quick check for you and got about $9 for shipping, that includes the plate and a set of two 4" pads

thanks for checking, but they do not have red or blue in 4"? :(

YoMike
06-25-2008, 06:05 PM
I ship yoyo`s around the World for $4.95 but I won`t accept any orders over one pound in weight.

Evenflow
06-25-2008, 06:06 PM
Your such a dope.

If your only buying one or two pads just put "PLEASE SHIP VIA US MAIL" in the comment area!

blownvert
06-25-2008, 06:12 PM
Your such a dope.

If your only buying one or two pads just put "PLEASE SHIP VIA US MAIL" in the comment area!

righttt and have them already charge my credit card on checkout. it automatically calculates it, they do not have option for USPS Mail. AG will not switch it and then lower the price. Know your detailing websites. :laugh:

onelazydawg
06-25-2008, 06:15 PM
righttt and have them already charge my credit card on checkout. it automatically calculates it, they do not have option for USPS Mail. AG will not switch it and then lower the price. Know your detailing websites. :laugh:

why not call in the order tomorrow as ask in advance usually they are quite accomidating :2thumbs:

M0nk3y
06-25-2008, 06:23 PM
Autogeek is fantasic on customer service.........

I order over $200 of supplies the day before they had a 15% sale. I called the next day and kindly asked them if they could honor the sale.........

They couldn`t do it. But they put the difference (between 10% and 15%) in credit on my account!

bwalker25
06-25-2008, 06:54 PM
i know for fact the comments area works on my orders, I asked them to price match ADS for meguiars M95 polish which ADS had for like 13.95 and AG had and still has it at $19.99....

The order when you place it is AUTHORIZED for the full amount but NOT CHARGED until they process it (usually the next business day IME) At which time when they go to charge it they review the order comments and make necessary adjustments if needed.....there not crazy, just shipping has gotten expensive

just a thought, have you even tried the order comments section recently? It works and they are very good about charging the correct amount the first time and not having to issue a separate credit / refund. The only issue I had was if you pay via paypal, then they refund you via paypal and paypal will put a hold on the funds for a few days....but thats not the fault of AG

edit: or just call the order in ;)

edit 2: so its not confusing, IME after business hours orders should be authorized for the full amount but charged the next business day either for the full amount or less depending on the order comments and requests of the customer.....sorry for the many edits.

GatorJ
06-25-2008, 07:42 PM
I wanted to purchase my 3.5" BC and 4" LC spot pads and they are charging me $12.95 for shipping. If they sent it usps parcel it would be so much cheaper. Why is AG shipping outragous and thats the only place that sells the pads that I want. I want LC that are 4". Cant do the code for free shipping since not spending enough and 10% helps somewhat. Is there any other place that sells LC 4" and 3.5" BC?

Maybe because their method comes with insurance, tracking and proof of delivery??????

Evenflow
06-25-2008, 07:56 PM

I called to order two pads, asked for US MAIL shipping in the comment and only got charged $2.50 for shipping. KNOW YOUR WEBSITES BRO! :bigups

thesacrifice
06-25-2008, 08:19 PM
This isn`t an autogeek issue...

Most if not all vendors have a flat rate of shipping that`s spendy. Its definitely not very thrifty to order in small numbers.

Buegie
06-25-2008, 08:35 PM
Most if not all vendors have a flat rate of shipping that`s spendy. Its definitely not very thrifty to order in small numbers.

exactly, shipping two 4" pads will cost you ~$10 in shipping. I just did an AG order for about 14 full sized pads plus 4 bottles of products, shipping came to $20. Ten times as much stuff is only twice as much money to ship. Just plan out your orders and you can make bigger purchases which saves on shipping and it can sometimes let you use special coupons since you`re ordering so much (i.e. free shipping on orders of $100+, etc.).

blownvert
06-25-2008, 09:35 PM
im going to buy Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner Plus also from AG, its on sale.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
06-25-2008, 09:47 PM
What would be an acceptable shipping rate to you - 9 bucks as quoted on this thread from another vendor that you yourself said does not carry all of what you want??

Is $3.95 really worth all the hassle of finding another vendor and taking a chance with the turn around time???

In my opinion in these days with the rising cost of nat. resources this is just something that we should all get used to.. Rising shipping costs. Also add the silly amount of money that would make shipping be acceptable to you and this is really negligible