PDA

View Full Version : Target`s "Eco" Line

Pages : [1] 2 3

EOppie
06-25-2008, 01:26 PM
There are a bunch of "eco" car care products now on clearance at Target. Seems as fast as they came on to the market, they went on clearance. :o

They have soap, microfiber, and some other goodies. The microfibers say they are bamboo...feel soft like my sheets!

imported_WCD
06-25-2008, 02:02 PM
As a business owner, it is not going away. NC and other places are putting on very strict water conserving policies.

From what I saw at the detail training last weekend- a red dirty car in the sun- there are some quality water smart products out there. Joe can chime in here as he tested one in direct sunlight.

The idea of a hybrid mobile wash was discussed combining the two methods.

Speed was not a factor as all tested methods were within 2 min. of each other.

Depends on your location and climate. We do not get snow and only 12 inches of rain a year- not this year!

As a business owner, my opinion does not drive me to change or adapt- my market does. If you turn your head at what`s coming, then you are blinding yourself from great opportunities.

Rob

ApexVIII
06-25-2008, 03:52 PM
lol sooo no one tryed them?

imported_WCD
06-25-2008, 05:35 PM
I really don`t buy anything at Target for my detail business...it`s also a 40 min. drive my home.

I don`t use soaps so that wouldn`t work for me and since I import my own towels that would not make sense either.

I saw an express wash the other day with about 2 drops of auto wash, a little quick detailer, and water. There is a formula. It worked very well on the car that was mildly dirty. Product cost was less than 4 cents. Virtually no water was on the ground because there was no prespray/rinse.

Ivan from Canada also had his own product that was very impressive. It repelled water better than any of the other water smart products tested IMO.

We used it on a dirty red Triumph in the sun and it did not leave scratches..neither did ONR for that matter and we were not using two buckets or prespraying any ONR on the car. That said, I have a Mercedes tomorrow and I still use the pump sprayer before washing.

From what I am seeing and from the talks I am having with some business leaders, the changes in "mobile detailing" and so forth are coming very soon. As in any business, times change and so does equipment. I think there are a lot of nervous equipment dealers right now- but the good ones will adapt and move forward and be successful.

I don`t see too many GEM polishers out there, but there was a time when they were the polisher of choice!

Rob

Bobby G
06-25-2008, 07:17 PM
As a business owner, my opinion does not drive me to change or adapt- my market does. If you turn your head at what`s coming, then you are blinding yourself from great opportunities.

Rob

So true! The Eco issue is coming on fast.

eyezack87
06-25-2008, 09:39 PM
I bought the whole clearance lineup at Target to test out. Expect a review of all later this month or next month haha

Scottwax
06-26-2008, 08:12 AM
So true! The Eco issue is coming on fast.

Even though I think at least some of it is based on junk science (like man-made global warming), it still makes sense to use products when possible that have the least impact on the enviroment. Not only is it a good selling point, but just like not throwing your trash out of your car window, it is the right thing to do.

imported_sal329
06-26-2008, 10:34 AM
I like the idea that we can do things that do not have a negative effect on our enviroment.

Mobilejay
06-26-2008, 11:02 AM
I`m sorry but I don`t like this whole Eco friendly "GREEN" kick everyones on. It bugs me for some reason. I just look at all the celebrities doing it and think its all crap and publicity. They piss me off. I am starting to hate the color green now.

Unless they make a product that works just like everything we use I`m not going the "green" route. I`m not sacrificing the look of my work for helping the environment by one car. I use ONR so I`m barely getting any run off if any. I think thats "green" enough. Also nothing I have is aresol so I`m not spraying a bunch of crap everywhere.

drew.haynes
06-26-2008, 11:20 AM
I personally think we should be responsible "stewards" of our planet. I consider humans to be the single most important thing on the earth - no other animal or aspect of the environment. That being said, I think the best interests of HUMANS should always be considered first. However, I think it is responsible of us not to cause unnecessary damage. IF/WHEN there are ways to lessen damage on the environment, without a great cost to humans, why NOT? However, when people start sacrificing the rights, freedoms, and quality of living of human beings for the betterment of animals or the environment, I have a problem with that.

imported_weekendwarrior
06-26-2008, 11:45 AM
I am far from being a greenie. However, I try to be considerate of the environment. I wash with QEW as much as possible, and never degrease engines unless I can do them on grassy surfaces. I don`t want engine grease washing down into the storm drains.

I am also an outdoorsman (I fish), so I am conscious of the effects of chemicals in our waterways.

imported_Denzil
06-26-2008, 11:51 AM
So how about that Target Eco Line?

Mobilejay
06-26-2008, 12:12 PM
So how about that Target Eco Line?

LOL. I think we will have to wait till eyezack87 puts up his reviews on it.

slowsilvy
06-26-2008, 09:47 PM
I personally think we should be responsible "stewards" of our planet. I consider humans to be the single most important thing on the earth - no other animal or aspect of the environment. That being said, I think the best interests of HUMANS should always be considered first. However, I think it is responsible of us not to cause unnecessary damage. IF/WHEN there are ways to lessen damage on the environment, without a great cost to humans, why NOT? However, when people start sacrificing the rights, freedoms, and quality of living of human beings for the betterment of animals or the environment, I have a problem with that.

I agree with you 110%.

Relaited
03-25-2009, 09:00 PM
Wow, I believe those who are posting against this could nto be more wrong. If you are in So California, you will not have a choice.

I wish I were in Texas, at lest from a business point of view, it would be easy pickins to grow my business there. It is easy here, I can`t imagine how easy it would be with this thinking!

-jim