PDA

View Full Version : Green Earth Technologies - Wheel Cleaner

Pages : [1] 2 3

bwalker25
06-25-2008, 12:19 PM
Amazon.com: Green Earth Technologies 01200 Brakedust Remover Wheel Cleaner 22 oz: Automotive (http://www.amazon.com/Green-Earth-Technologies-Brakedust-Remover/dp/B0016LARI2/ref=sr_1_4/105-1400871-5258007?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1214418151&sr=1-4)

I was looking at CNN and this same company has alot of "green" products from GREEN motor oil (its really green, biodegradable motor oil)

I might have to order some of this stuff, will this get you right for the EPA Clean Water Act and such? Like I wouldn`t get in trouble from "the man" any more would I? :)

Green Earth Technologies (http://www.getg.com/index.php)

who wants to be the first to use biodegradable motor oil in there sports car? David B?

Driven Auto Detail
06-25-2008, 01:01 PM
Looks like some/all of the products are available at Target. I`ll have to stop by and see what they have. Having a leased truck for my business, I may have to run a couple OCI`s with their oil and then get a UOA to see just how good/bad their oil is.

Also, being mobile and advertising eco-friendly products (Optimum), this fits into what I offer so I`ll definitely being trying out some of their car care products, just for kicks.

bwalker25
06-25-2008, 01:09 PM
? what are OCI`s and UOA? :)

Ace hardware / True Value has it too I think as well, I will check out the 3 stores local to me to see if they have it and try some out...

I`m all for anything to keep "the man" away

bookeem
06-25-2008, 01:55 PM
Oil Change Intervall

Used Oil Analysis

hey Mike..

bwalker25
06-25-2008, 01:58 PM
hmmm learn something new everyday! Thanks ;)

Evenflow
06-25-2008, 02:21 PM
I as well saw this line of products at Target. Packaging looked very professional, and built well. However, I already have to many products so I passed up the opportunity to buy anything.

jeteast99
06-25-2008, 05:30 PM
i would like to know how it works. do they sell in gallons?

jedovaty
06-25-2008, 06:02 PM
Uhm.. isn`t all dino oil biodegradable?

bwalker25
06-25-2008, 06:20 PM
I just emailed Green Earth Technologies and inquired about sampling and testing there products. I also asked about bulk / volume containers. I told them I would like to review them for 2 websites autopia and autogeekonline. I eagerly await there response, I told them autopia and AGO were 2 of the largest car care enthusiast websites, so hopefully I will have a shiny new package awaiting me ;)

I mean after all, what better place to get the word out on a new product than 2 of the biggest websites for car care! heck if they do send it I`d even do a video review....

Driven Auto Detail
06-25-2008, 07:42 PM
Bookeem - Hey man, glad to see you!!! How ya been? Are you still detailing on the side?

bwalker25 - You beat me to it! I was thinking about contacting them to do exactly what you are wanting to do. Good luck with all of it. If they want another person to do some testing, let me know :) . Otherwise, I guess I`ll have to go spend money to try their stuff...hehe.

bwalker25
06-25-2008, 08:01 PM
I used there website and their contact us thing, and they responded....below is what I sent followed by their response:

Comments: I am the owner of a detail shop in Durham, NC and we are looking to use bio-degradable products and your products seem to fit the bill for us. If possible we would like to sample your automotive car care products so we can do a review on 2 of the nations largest automotive car care enthusiast websites: Autogeekonline.net and autopia.org. Can you ship some samples for review? Do you ship bulk or volume orders in gallon or larger containers? Thank you!

Now their response:

Dear Brandon:

Thank you for your inquiry. We are here to support what you are doing. I am forwarding your lead to our local representative, Paul Chester to follow up with you. He will provide product information and source samples. We look forward to working with you.

Sincerely

So all going well so far, hopefully Paul will be in contact with me tomorrow and we will have a firm answer as far as prices for bulk/volume orders and even have something to test by July 4th weekend! :)

Bobby G
06-25-2008, 08:08 PM
who wants to be the first to use biodegradable motor oil in there sports car? David B?

Not sure Porsche would honor the warranty... :wall

bwalker25
06-25-2008, 08:09 PM
haha - you know if cnn had it on there website its got to be true! there journalist after all! :)

edit: (removed 1 smiley face) and I`d be willing to try it in my lawn mower, if its doesn`t make it blow up then I say mission success!

gamby
06-25-2008, 10:52 PM
Oil Change Intervall

Used Oil Analysis

hey Mike..

It`s bad enough that I can`t wade through all of the Autopian acronyms, but now oil-related acronyms are being thrown around. :wall :grinno:

gamby
06-25-2008, 10:55 PM
Meanwhile, the original tread title involved wheel cleaner.

Simple Green is my favorite wheel cleaner--and it`s biodegradable. :nixweiss