PDA

View Full Version : Topping Poli-Sea. Glaze, Sealant, Wax??

TN9thSi
06-25-2008, 09:15 AM
I am 90% finished claying and applying Poli-Seal on my Glacier Silver Mazda. So far PS has exceeded my expectations. It works in easily, doesn`t dust, and wipes off like a breeze. The shine is pretty good. I am thinking about adding another sealant/wax on top to enhance the gloss and wetness. I thought about a glaze, perhaps RMG or one my other faves, DWG. If I glaze, what should I top it with? I have been using Werkstatt Prime Acrylic and AJT, but can I use this on top of a glaze? I`m really looking for the most wetness and slickest finish I can get with one or two more steps. I like to use OCW between waxing as well. Any suggestions on what to use next. I`ll be finished with PS in about 45min. Does PS have a curing time?

Gemini13
06-25-2008, 09:38 AM
I don`t have an answer for your question but have also been thinking about doing Poli-Seal/RMG/Lusso Oro and was wondering if applying RMG over Poli-Seal would be ok.

TN9thSi
06-25-2008, 11:33 AM
I went ahead and applied DWG after letting PS cure for 30 minutes or so. Seemed to have worked just fine. The DWG left a noticeable improvement in gloss and wetness. What little flake is in the paint now pops and reflects in the sunlight. I doubt you will see a negative result when using a glaze on top of PS as long as you top the glaze with wax/sealant. Now I just have to find a good wax/synthetic sealant to top the DWG with. Maybe I`ll just use OCW after every ONR wash. I`ve been doing that routine since before Winter and it has worked nicely. Or maybe I`ll use Natty`s or S100. I`m open to suggestions and to trying something new here.

thesacrifice
06-25-2008, 11:56 AM
Poliseal topped with AJT looks absolutely wet on silver/gray for me

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i129/thesacrifice/wrxwerkstatt.jpg

TN9thSi
06-25-2008, 01:13 PM
That does look wet! I just finished my detail. I did: FPII on the hood to remove some marring, PS, DWG, finished off with OCW. Did Natty`s on the front fenders just to experiment. Looks pretty darn nice. I`ll try to get some pics. I may have to try AJT on the rest of the paintwork after seeing the pic.

thesacrifice
06-25-2008, 03:02 PM
Where`d you get DWG? I cant find it without a shipping cost thats almost as expensive as the product itself

TN9thSi
06-25-2008, 05:57 PM
I ordered straight from Bob @ Danase.com.

thesacrifice
06-25-2008, 08:22 PM
I just cant bring myself to pay $10 shippnig for a $16.95 product. Maybe I`ll give him a call and see what he can do for me.

Scottwax
06-25-2008, 09:21 PM
I use Carnauba Moose, Opti-Seal, OCW and AJT over Poli-Seal with excellent results.

HiDefDetailer
06-25-2008, 10:20 PM
Just did the Inferno Red Mag-wag this past weekend. Poli-seal applied via Cyclo w/blue pads topped it Sealed with Opti-Seal and topped with OCW.

Will do Nighthawk Black Acura TL this week. Plan to use Poli-Seal via rotary w/green foam waffle pad, glaze w/Pink Moose and top w/OCW. Did this same trio back in December and just now starting to see degradation in June. But I did maintain it with weekly ONR & Gloss Enhancer.

Gemini13
06-26-2008, 04:52 AM
I use Carnauba Moose, Opti-Seal, OCW and AJT over Poli-Seal with excellent results.

What about RMG?