PDA

View Full Version : Cheap polish I can break down easy by HAND

drew.haynes
06-24-2008, 02:29 PM
No, I don`t polish by hand, I`m just wanting something that cuts well and finishes well by hand for behind door handles. My dad has so many scratches behind the handles on his Highlander.. can`t for the life of me figure how they were put there by the previous owner.

pampos
06-24-2008, 02:35 PM
Megs Scratch-X

AG SRP (contains also fillers. AIO product)

Only those two i know....

Gopher
06-24-2008, 02:53 PM
would m105 by hand be wacky? I could have sworn I read of someone doing that.

Searched and found:

I can verify that since I`ve used 105 by hand to remove paint transfers and spot scratches. Typical compounds will leave fine scratches in the direction you hand polished. 105 does not.

you can buy a sample size cheap from ADS.

imported_etml12
06-24-2008, 03:26 PM
I`ve used M105 by hand as well on my Ninja as I prepped it for sale. Much of the paintwork was to small or too contoured to warrant the use of a machine. No dramatic results but it worked quite well. Any light marring that might be left behind should be very easy to clean up. I`d imagine that with a little more patience you`d be able to clean up the door handle areas quite nicely.

imported_weekendwarrior
06-24-2008, 03:46 PM
I used M105 by hand on smaller parts of a car before (gast tank lid, tight areas of a body kit), with a foam applicator, and it worked very well...much easier than ScratchX in my opinion.

Jetta
06-24-2008, 05:18 PM
My dad has so many scratches behind the handles on his Highlander.. can`t for the life of me figure how they were put there by the previous owner.

Most likely a female with really long nails. My old managers door handles were so scratched up her husband finally put chrome inserts in to save himself the pain of trying to polish it out.

6ces
06-24-2008, 06:55 PM
to get scratch x to break down by hand and give u decent results, you need a soft clear, lots of time, and a an arm thats in shape to pitch for major league baseball.

percynjpn
06-24-2008, 08:02 PM
The 1Z line up are the easiest to use by hand and produce the best results of any polishes I`ve ever used. If y6ou want only one, I`d recommend 1Z PP. Scratch-X is pretty mild and takes a lot more effort.