PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Advertise

Pages : [1] 2

Kustom Kevin
06-24-2008, 08:37 AM
what do you do to advertise your detailing work.

brwill2005
06-24-2008, 08:53 AM
Currently, I am doing the local phone books and direct mail coupons. In the past I have done fliers and door-hangers with very limited success.

bwalker25
06-24-2008, 10:00 AM
business cards, I also have a yard sign that I put up when I am at someone else`s house.

Example: those "vote for "Joe" for office" signs the wire ones that dont leave noticeable holes in the yard :) I took there part off because they never came and got it from my yard after the election in durham some time back, and had a local sign shop put a nice overlay to attach to the frame....

Word of mouth is also a good way that has brought me good business before....

Stephenwz968
06-24-2008, 10:39 AM
I have a vinyl on the back of my car, I have a website (that I promote on craigslist and on my business cards), I`m in the yellow pages, and word of mouth.

Steve

pampos
06-24-2008, 10:45 AM
I have a website, some fliers, some business cards but the best is the customer`s comments.

Happy customers bring more customers...I am going to buy a van to stick some stickers on it and also to pay for advertising in some magazines for modified cars, guide for buying cars etc etc

Bert
06-24-2008, 11:22 AM
I have a vinyl on the back of my car, I have a website (that I promote on craigslist and on my business cards), I`m in the yellow pages, and word of mouth.

Steve

Do you get very good results from Craig`s List?

Kustom Kevin
06-24-2008, 04:37 PM
i have emailed people on craigslist about 40 and no luck not one has even replied

Stephenwz968
06-24-2008, 08:30 PM
I`ve only gotten 4 customers from Craigslist, but I think it is a good place to keep an ad up since it`s free.

Steve

Scottwax
06-24-2008, 10:17 PM
Website and business cards but I`d say I get 90% of my new customers through word of mouth and on internet boards. I haven`t done any active marketing for more than 10 years now. This really is a business that self-perpetuates itself as long as you take good care of your customers.

You have to approach each new job with this thought in mind:

How do I "wow" this customer so he is my customer for life and brags about my work to all his friends.

04yfz
06-24-2008, 10:22 PM
I`ve just started out a couple months ago and my business has been through word of mouth, craigslist(only 2 clients though), and boards.

Website and business cards but I`d say I get 90% of my new customers through word of mouth and on internet boards. I haven`t done any active marketing for more than 10 years now. This really is a business that self-perpetuates itself as long as you take good care of your customers.

Funny you mention internet boards, a fellow member on a bmw forum was asking for a detailer in Fortworth and I showed him your site. Can`t wait to see what you do with his car.:2thumbs:

Holden_C04
06-24-2008, 10:23 PM

You have to approach each new job with this thought in mind:

How do I "wow" this customer so he is my customer for life and brags about my work to all his friends.

Great method of thinking. It`s no wonder you have so many maintenance clients.

Scottwax
06-24-2008, 10:32 PM
Funny you mention internet boards, a fellow member on a bmw forum was asking for a detailer in Fortworth and I showed him your site. Can`t wait to see what you do with his car.:2thumbs:

:cool: Thanks!

I do the same for my fellow pros here, I know at least Joe (Superior Shine) and Sean (G35stilez) have done work for people I have referred to them. I think it is important that we support and recommend each other. :)

imported_rydawg
06-25-2008, 12:04 AM
:cool: Thanks!

I do the same for my fellow pros here, I know at least Joe (Superior Shine) and Sean (G35stilez) have done work for people I have referred to them. I think it is important that we support and recommend each other. :)

I agree 100%:goodjob

imported_rydawg
06-25-2008, 12:20 AM
Rick and I are all 100% word of mouth. We actually have been doing a ton of full corrections, wetsands, etc.

I know the economy is slow, but there is a ton of money and work out there.

baseballlover1
06-25-2008, 12:39 AM
I do a small add in the local PCA magazine.