PDA

View Full Version : Can OTC waxes be layered?

2k1s2k
06-23-2008, 08:29 PM
I`m detailing a car for a cousin and he wants an OTC that will last. I`ve had very good luck with several layers of Klasse SG and topped off with P21s. As we all know, carnaubas won`t ever last as long as we want. Can something like M26 be layered or does it contain cleaners? Are there any OTC waxes that don`t truly contain cleaners? He`d like to maintain it himself after I`m finished with it. And he`s not really interested in ordering online. Thanks in advance.

imported_Chris223
06-23-2008, 10:10 PM
Mothers PURE Carnauba paste can be layered, 26 can in paste form, the liquid form to a much lesser extent. There aren`t many.

jedovaty
06-23-2008, 10:26 PM
You can get collinite 845 or 476 at harbor freight retail shops (http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/retail_stores.taf). It`s OTC, cheap, loks good, and lasts.

I`m curious - I see this popup a lot here, why is otc important? I remember I had thought that when first started, but.. internet shopping so much easier. Click. Insert CC. Buy. I don`t even have to get out of my seat :D Maybe too dangerous? :eek:

Scottwax
06-23-2008, 10:33 PM
#26 actually has decent durability. Two coats for even coverage is enough.

Jscort98
06-23-2008, 10:43 PM
You can get collinite 845 or 476 at harbor freight retail shops (http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/retail_stores.taf). It`s OTC, cheap, loks good, and lasts.

I`m curious - I see this popup a lot here, why is otc important? I remember I had thought that when first started, but.. internet shopping so much easier. Click. Insert CC. Buy. I don`t even have to get out of my seat :D Maybe too dangerous? :eek:

My harbor freight doesn`t have collinite but I found an ebay seller that has it cheap and free shipping so that doesn`t matter much to me.

Buegie
06-24-2008, 05:46 AM

Well he said his friend wants to maintain the car after he`s done so for someone who isn`t really into detailing, ordering online might seem like overkill. You`re right though, I see some people who are really interested in keeping their car looking good but they refuse to order anything online, it doesn`t make sense