PDA

View Full Version : Black WOW or 303 Protectant ?

Pages : [1] 2

buja
06-23-2008, 06:31 PM
I`m kind of confused with both products, not sure which one to get.

Does Black WOW provide long term protection like the 303 ?

or vice versa, does 303 protectant help restore the look of exterior trim ?

I`m thinking the common areas of black trim like the wiper area strip, and the part holding the side mirrors. mine`s a little faded / light grey instead of black at the moment.

was thinking if I skip black wow, would the 303 restore the blackness and also provide long term protection ?

what about the door shuts / those with silicon or rubber seals. I think it`s to be applied with 303 , but what about black wow ? or should I just leave these rubber seals as they are ? not worth spending the $ ? :cool:

wfedwar
06-23-2008, 06:40 PM

BW is much better at cleaning up the look of old trim and will also last much longer. 303 is not that good for exterior use, at least not compared to products that are designed for it.

what about the door shuts / those with silicon or rubber seals. I think it`s to be applied with 303 , but what about black wow ? or should I just leave these rubber seals as they are ? not worth spending the $ ? :cool:

I wouldn`t use BW on soft rubber. This is because it really needs to be buffed to apply it properly and you`ll just tear up soft rubber. 303 is fine for this.

Envious Eric
06-23-2008, 06:42 PM
303 wont restore faded trim like BW will from what I have read...

Legacy
06-23-2008, 06:43 PM

I`m thinking the common areas of black trim like the wiper area strip, and the part holding the side mirrors. mine`s a little faded / light grey instead of black at the moment.

was thinking if I skip black wow, would the 303 restore the blackness and also provide long term protection ?

Black WOW is the best for your exterior trim. Black WOW should not be used on rubber. Use Gummi Pflege for your rubber seals.

ptaylor_9849
06-23-2008, 06:47 PM
Don`t waste your 303 on exterior applications as it won`t hold up. Keep it for interior dressing. Black Wow is ok but I have other exterior dressings that work just as well and are easier to apply. For instance: Eiman Fabrik Black Sapphire Gel. It looks the same as BW but goes on MUCH easier. I`m currently on the fence about possibly returning my BW to Autogeek. Twenty five bucks a bottle :scared: Come on.

Patrick

buja
06-23-2008, 06:48 PM
what other alternatives do I have for restoring and protecting exterior trims ?

optimum tire bond gel , poorboys trim restorer ?

this is new unchartered territory for me...

thesacrifice
06-23-2008, 06:55 PM
If you arent looking for any kind of restoring properties and just protection...there are any number of waxes and sealants that are trim friendly.

buja
06-23-2008, 07:03 PM
how could i forget...i have opti seal !

so i guess i will just get an exterior trim restorer then protect using opti seal then

SilverLexus
06-23-2008, 07:14 PM
Black WOW is the best for your exterior trim. Black WOW should not be used on rubber. Use Gummi Pflege for your rubber seals.

Actually 303 works very well on rubber seals, especially door seals.

Legacy
06-23-2008, 07:15 PM
how could i forget...i have opti seal !

so i guess i will just get an exterior trim restorer then protect using opti seal thenI tried that route 4-6 weeks durability. BW been on for 3 mos. and only now showing a little wear. $25 bucks for I believe 4 oz. which isnt much product, but a little goes a long way, like 5 yrs.

buja
06-23-2008, 07:23 PM
im gonna be a cheapskate and ask what about the poorboys or optimum products ?

Envious Eric
06-23-2008, 11:52 PM
meguiars hyper dressing....buy a gallon and you will never run out if you always just use it on your car...diluted 1:1 it works great....

wfedwar
06-24-2008, 04:01 AM
My favorite for trim is Werkstat Satin Prot. Goes on like 303, but lasts a long time.

imported_bpfoley
06-24-2008, 06:42 AM
I use Duragloss TMD instead of 303, easier to obtain locally and cheaper. I think it looks better and lasts longer as well. I have never been impressed with 303 for any application. For my dash I switched to FK425 and have been far more impressed.

imported_RZJZA80
06-24-2008, 09:29 AM
how does black wow hold up in the rain, or dirt ? will the black color run onto other parts when it gets wet?