PDA

View Full Version : best product for tire/wheel cleaning

prterra
08-26-2005, 11:22 AM
i know this is an old question but i need to get an update. whats the best for cleaning tires and wheels. also tire dressing. i dont like the tires to be to shiny. i want them to be a nice rich dark color. almost natural but clean looking.

mgm2003
08-26-2005, 12:03 PM
Here`s what I like best these days.....

For Tire Dressing:

IMO you can`t beat Poorboys Bold and Bright for tire dressing. I`ve tried too many dressings to remember them all, and for me Bold and Bright is the best of the best. If I had to pick just one Poorboys product (which I hope I`m never faced with!), it would be Bold and Bright. Easy on, great look, doesn`t sling, isn`t greasy, and you can control the gloss by cutting it with water, layering, etc... If you buy some and don`t like it, PM me and I`ll buy it from you.

For Tire Cleaning: Eagle One A2Z/All Wheel Cleaner.

For Wheel Cleaning during your wash process: Poorboys Spray and Rinse. Simply an amazing, easy to use product.

For polishing: Klasse AIO or Poorboys Pro Polish

For sealing: Poorboys wheel sealer.

JaredPointer
08-26-2005, 04:56 PM
For cleaning, I have been using the Eagle One All Wheel Cleaner, which has replaced Eagle One A2Z in most places. It`s not quite as strong as the A2Z, but it will get the job done. It`s cheap and it`s available locally.

For dressing I like the Michelin 3 Step System Dressing as well as Teflon Tire Shine for low gloss and a rich black color. Again - cheap and local. Adam`s VRT is also a nice matte looking dressing, but can be "layered" if you will to achieve a glossier shine.

SA Detailer
08-26-2005, 05:42 PM
Mix 1 quart of SimpleGreen and 3 quarts of water and spray on wheels, tires and wheels well and watch the brake dust and grease fly off the wheels and wells when hit with pressure washer. The white walls or white letters on tires turn from black to bright white without touching them. Heck of a time saver and cheap.