PDA

View Full Version : Back to Zaino

Pages : [1] 2

9935annivgt
06-23-2008, 08:06 AM
In the past I have been a Zaino user and this summer I decided to switch and try some other products to start the season, I went with clearkote products after research and word of mouth. After following the dirctions to a T and then trying some alternate methods suggested I just was not as happy with the clearkote products. The car was shiny but just not as shiny as I remebered with the Zaino stack. So long story short I am going back. Sometimes the grass is not greener on the other side. Has anyone else strayed from a product line only to go back in the end? The worst part is now I have to buy a bunch of Zaino stuff that I ran out of and figure out what to do with all the clearkote products. My wife is going to be upset when she sees the credit card bill next month.

dougatl
06-23-2008, 09:15 AM
don`t think you`re alone in trying other stuff, it`s actually helpful in figuring what you think is best.

doug :usa

s2skimon
06-23-2008, 09:58 AM
I hear ya loud and clear !! I am one of them but for only as an lsp. As I have found nothing that I can layer and keep adding layers to that has the "wet look" I"m looking for. I have tried almost every imagineable lsp in the past years, and always keep going back to Zaino. This summer, I thought clearkote carnauba moose would be it, but its not giving me the results I desire either by pc or by hand. I thought opti-seal by hand would do the trick but again, it simply not giving me the results even with its quick application. So I give my wife`s car the clearkote and opti-seal treatment, and keep zaino for my own.

ptaylor_9849
06-23-2008, 11:09 AM
You`re not alone my friend. I did the exact same thing. Rydawg referred me to Zaino quite some time ago. Then I kept reading on this site and became tempted to try other products including Clearkote. In the end, I went back to Zaino and now use the other products on friends and family cars. But for my cars, it`s back to Zaino.

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii101/ptaylor220/Z06064.jpg

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii101/ptaylor220/Z06056.jpg

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii101/ptaylor220/Z06058.jpg

6ces
06-23-2008, 11:31 AM
Its hard to not try anything else. I started off with zaino and i love the stuff. But when i got my pc and it came with the Klasse twins, i could not convince my self to buy more zaino with out trying the klasse twins first ( which im doing next week i hope).

Point is, there are too many good products around to stick with one thing

s2skimon
06-23-2008, 12:30 PM
yes, too many good products, but when you`ve used almost all like myself, you can make that decision of what works best for you and what I found is Optimum for compound work and zaino for lsp.

Wolf-Strong
06-23-2008, 05:50 PM
See this is the thing that gets me. I started on Meguiar`s and Mother`s products, and than went out buying a whole bunch of different stuff only to be disappointed in all of them. Now don`t get me wrong, they were all good products, but I couldn`t justify the cost/stress of worrying about all of them when from my perspective, Meguiar`s products did produce the same results, if not better, for much cheaper and generally were easier to work with.

Now to this day I still haven`t tried Zaino products, but from my experience with many other brands, it just seems to me that it wouldn`t be some miracle product that some make it out to be, and that the results would be roughly the same that I am getting right now. Not saying that Zaino would be bad, or worse than the Meguiar`s products, but I`m just not sure I could justify spending more money on it when I can have the same results with roughly the same efforts by just using Meguiar`s products.

(shrugs) I`ll probably end up trying it one day.

imported_agentf1
06-23-2008, 06:01 PM
I have tried them ALL and always end up back with the Zaino.

Bert
06-23-2008, 06:35 PM
See this is the thing that gets me. I started on Meguiar`s and Mother`s products, and than went out buying a whole bunch of different stuff only to be disappointed in all of them. Now don`t get me wrong, they were all good products, but I couldn`t justify the cost/stress of worrying about all of them when from my perspective, Meguiar`s products did produce the same results, if not better, for much cheaper and generally were easier to work with.

Now to this day I still haven`t tried Zaino products, but from my experience with many other brands, it just seems to me that it wouldn`t be some miracle product that some make it out to be, and that the results would be roughly the same that I am getting right now. Not saying that Zaino would be bad, or worse than the Meguiar`s products, but I`m just not sure I could justify spending more money on it when I can have the same results with roughly the same efforts by just using Meguiar`s products.

(shrugs) I`ll probably end up trying it one day.

Well, when the day comes and you are in need to order more product, consider giving Zaino a try if you would like. In the long run, I really don`t think the cost per application is all that different amongst the top products ie.: Zaino, Werkstat, Ultima, Duragloss, etc.. Based on that theory, experimenting with different products won`t cost you much (or any) more money.

Caprice270
06-23-2008, 07:45 PM
All I can say here is:

95-99% of the look of a car is attributable to paint prep before applying the LSP

Everyone seems to be focussing too much on the role of waxes and sealants. These products are primarily protectants. They add gloss and depth, but their role in this respect should not be overstated.

Wolf-Strong
06-23-2008, 08:41 PM
All I can say here is:

95-99% of the look of a car is attributable to paint prep before applying the LSP

Everyone seems to be focussing too much on the role of waxes and sealants. These products are primarily protectants. They add gloss and depth, but their role in this respect should not be overstated.

I agree 100%! That is why I have stopped this nonsense with the `search for the ultimate wax/sealant`.

Bert
06-23-2008, 08:46 PM
All I can say here is:

I will agree that paint prep makes up a majority of the look but I don`t know about 95% or more.

Scottwax
06-23-2008, 10:30 PM
I`ve tried a lot of Zaino products, just have never been blown away by them. My Zaino stuff sits while I use Clearkote, Optimum, Werkstat, Meguiars and Ultima products. I`ve never really understood the fantical devotion to a product line that other than the excellent durability, seems pretty average to me. To each his own.

Junebug
06-24-2008, 05:05 AM
After hearing soooo much about Zaino - I tried it, it was nice, I liked the look of Z2 especially. But, I found that if you use Menzerna polishes - you have to really clean afterwards with alcohol or prepsol before using Zaino or the durability is about 2 weeks. I sold my Zaino products and use Megs 21 and 26 now on most cars and 1Z GlansWax on the higher end details. Any of those three work easier and look as good or better ( my opinion ) than the Z2/Z5. If I "had" to pick just one product line, it would be Megs, and at the rate I`m going, it looks like I`ll be using them for 90% of my product requirements.

ptaylor_9849
06-24-2008, 05:26 AM
Caprice270, I, like many others on this forum are well aware of the importance of proper prep. However, that is not what this thread is about. The OP commented on how he went back to using Zaino after trying other products. Geez, if the guy likes Zaino, leave him be. We don`t need to be schooled regarding prep work.