PDA

View Full Version : which one for me

Nebraskaz71
06-22-2008, 07:46 PM
I know these threads get old so i appologize in advance but i`ve searched and i`m at a loss. I Have a red gmc sierra that i do shows with. I always use Ajt with polycharger followed with carnuba jett but carnuba jett is too hard to remove in nebraska heat so i wanna try something new. I still plan to use ajt but put the wax over the top for added depth/shine/wetness. Durability shouldnt be an issue with the wax because the AJT should take care of that i`d think? So whats the best wax to add over the top for depth/shine/wetness for under 80 bucks? thanks in advance.

TortoiseAWD
06-23-2008, 09:03 AM
IMO, you might give S100 a try. It should be available in some of the cycle shops around Omaha (that`s where I picked mine up a few years ago, a Harley shop on 72nd and L). Best of all, it should be < $20. Others will disagree, but I`ve tried both Souveran and S100 side-by-side . . . other than the scent, *I* find little difference between the two. Other than the $50+ price difference, that is.

If you`d rather go for a wax with decent looks *and* durability, Harbor Freight has a couple of the Collinite waxes (Insulator Wax, and 476S), both < $15.

Tort

Bigpikle
06-23-2008, 09:12 AM
what about Clearkote CMW, which is easy to use in sun and heat and adds a lot of wetness? Cheap as well...

Nebraskaz71
06-23-2008, 09:39 AM
I do have some s100 here that i havnt used in prolly four years :) I went ahead and ordered 50/50 this mornin too just to try something new:D

VroomVroom
06-23-2008, 03:50 PM
CMW is a great recommendation. I`ll also toss out the Poorboy`s Natty`s fraternal twins, Red and Blue. For me, I absolutely love Souveran. It took me years and years to justify spending that much on a jar of wax, but I have no regrets. (And I have NB and NR on the shelf, right next to the jar of P21S.)

Eliot Ness
06-23-2008, 04:00 PM
I gotta agree with VroomVroom and some others, CMW is a great choice for a reasonably priced wax that looks great. Other inexpensive choices would be Natty`s Blue or Red. If durability is not an issue then Souveran paste is an addition that I`m sure you`d enjoy in the price range you`re wanting to stay in. Personally I`d pick up some CMW and Natty`s Red now and then keep my eyes open for the next time Souveran goes on sale.

BigAl3
06-23-2008, 04:11 PM
keep my eyes open for the next time Souveran goes on sale.

it`s on sale right now for $69.99 at AG. throw in the 10% autopian discount (-$7.00) and it`s $62.99...

Eliot Ness
06-23-2008, 04:40 PM
it`s on sale right now for $69.99 at AG. throw in the 10% autopian discount (-$7.00) and it`s $62.99...Good eye Al :2thumbs: