PDA

View Full Version : A "what products" thread for my first time using a pc

6ces
06-21-2008, 06:16 AM
i have a 08 bmw 335 in black with light hazing and light swirls. I wanted to know what polish you would all recommend i use. i only want to do one polish that wont leave any hazing or micro marring. i then plan to follow it with a pc application of zaino aio and then z2 by hand.

I was thinking zpc but from what i read, it just does not do enough cutting. then i was thinking maybe fp2 or IP but dont know enough about them. some say they leaving hazing but some say they dont.

What do you guys all reccomend?

zaxjax
06-21-2008, 06:58 AM
106FF and an orange pad with a pc or a white pad with a rotary

SuperBee364
06-21-2008, 10:00 AM
You have some of the softest paint in existence on that black BMW. Too soft to even use ZPC or even ZAIO on. If you are insistent on only doing one polishing step, you need to use the most gentle polish on the market: Menzerna Final Polish II. Apply it with your PC at speed six on a blue or grey/black LC foam finishing pad. This will really shine up your paint, but it will not remove any defects. It`s just not reasonable on that soft of paint to expect to correct swirls/defects and really shine up the paint in one application. Your paint is just too soft for a good one step correction/polish.

If you do decide to do a seperate correction step before polishing, you would want to use Menzerna Intensive Polish on a white or orange LC pad.

If you haven`t already bought your pads, get the four inch size. They will work better on a PC than bigger pads.

Even applying ZAIO by hand has the potential of marring that soft paint. Instead of using a base of ZAIO, use ZFX with whatever Zaino sealant you`ll be using (Z2 or Z5).

6ces
06-21-2008, 02:48 PM
is the paint really that soft? to the point where aio will do something other than create shine and lay down a base? if thats the case, couldn`t aio be used to remove any hazing that one of the menzerna or zpc would create?

by the way i have the saphire black not the jet black. i know the jet black is a lot softer.

SuperBee364
06-21-2008, 03:03 PM
The saphire black isn`t *nearly* as soft as the jet black. Using the Zaino AIO and ZPC wouldn`t be a problem on the saphire.

6ces
06-21-2008, 03:39 PM
yea i figured it would make a difference, people say the jet black swirls if u even look at it funny.

so would you reccomend zpc or fp2? i need to order pads so i could just get the fp2 with the pads. but i can also get zaino locally with a 30 minute drive, so i could pick up zpc when i go pick up the z2.

wfedwar
06-21-2008, 03:59 PM
Never dealt with that paint, but Ultrafina on green followed by black might work well.

6ces
06-21-2008, 04:08 PM
which ultrafina?

i was thinking i might just go with 106ff.

drew.haynes
06-21-2008, 04:28 PM
I would guess 106 or UF would both be good to do some correction but still finish down nice. FPII is, from what I`ve always heard, VERY VERY mild, probably wouldn`t do much at all as far as correction on anything but the softest of paints.

wfedwar
06-21-2008, 04:41 PM
which ultrafina?

There`s only one that I know of:

http://multimedia.3m.com/mws/mediawebserver?66666UuZjcFSLXTtM8&_nX&EEV76EbHSHVs6EVs6E666666--