PDA

View Full Version : Custom high pressure setup.

TTWAGN
06-20-2008, 08:20 PM
Hi guys, im sick of my short unflexible hose that came with my high pressure washer.

Now i bought a 15metre retractable air hose reel. It has a working pressure of only 300psi im a little concerned if it will just blow the hose straight away.

Sure my pressure washer is rated at 1600psi at a narrow tip, but apparently a few people have mentioned the pressure inside the hose is significantly less than 1600psi.

Your thought? Should i just go out and buy some expensive high quality hose?

I wont have the nice compact retractable hose reel thouguh :(

EcoAutoCT
06-21-2008, 04:03 AM
Your thought? Should i just go out and buy some expensive high quality hose?

Yes.

I don`t know about costs of rated pressure washer hose in AUD, but here it`s anywhere from $10-$30 for 25ft @ 2200PSI, and $40-$80 for 50ft @ 3000PSI. Depending on manufacturer.

Rather have a small hole in my wallet than an extra hole in my *** from the high speed projectile rubber lining when it bursts.

David Fermani
06-21-2008, 06:55 AM
There`s many different kind of hoses on the market. I`ve never seen one as flexible as a garden hose, but depending on how much reinforsement you need within the hose, I`m sure you`ll be better off than you already are. Also, make sure you use swiveling connectors on all ends of your hose. It makes for much smoother useage. Also, I`m not sure if air hose is compatible with water? I`d try contacting a carwash supply vendor and getting opinions. Many times the more flexible the hose, the easier it fails.