PDA

View Full Version : Off to more detail training today...

imported_WCD
06-20-2008, 07:24 AM
I`m flying out later today to Boise, Id. to attend more detail training. Last year I attended PrepExcellence`s class in Ohio and this weekend I`ll be working with some of the top business owners from the US and Canada in Boise at Attention to Details Continued Education Weekend of Training.

Joe from Superior, Jim from Jim`s Auto, Yvan (Canada), and many more! I am SO lucky to have a chance to be there (I`ll be conducting a discussion on using customers to grow your business). We are playing/training with polishers, wet sanding, Vapor Masters, and much more!

I`ll be back on Tuesday and post results and maybe some pictures of us in action.

First, I have to clean my yard from the TP job that my sixth graders did last night..today is promotion so I think it`s their way of showing their love.

Can`t believe I am leaving Santa Barbara to get to cooler temps in Boise!! It was 113 on weather.com yesterday for my zipcode!!!

Excitedly,

Rob Regan

jimmybuffit
06-20-2008, 07:29 AM
Rob, I`ll look forward to your report with great interest. I`ve contemplated Renny`s training for a while now. Of course, I`ve told myself that it is too expensive (travel mostly) and this old dog don`t need no new tricks, etc.

So, I`ll look forward to your review...

Jim

Woob
06-20-2008, 09:02 AM
Have fun, really good program to attend. Wouldn`t mind heading to the AutoInt training myself.

Driven Auto Detail
06-20-2008, 01:56 PM
Good luck. I`ll be interested to hear your thoughts when you get back as well.

imported_WCD
06-21-2008, 06:32 PM
Auto Detailing Teacher Blog Blog Archive Greetings from Boise, Idaho! (http://autodetailingteacher.com/blog/?p=10&preview=true)

That is my blog about day one. Pretty short. Great day!!! Pretty tired and sore. We WORKED on a black Mercedes. Tonight we are headed to Renny`s home for a wonderful BBQ. The networking is really a huge plus with this group. I was able to use the Flex and Makita with an assortment of pads, System 1, Meg. 105, Optimum line, and a lot more!

Some pretty cool interior stain removers as well and an express detail for 79,99 that can be done in one hour.

Tomorrow we are talking marketing and possible wet sanding.

I`ll get the pictures up when I return.

Later, Rob

imported_WCD
06-23-2008, 01:49 PM
Just arrived at airport to find a two hour delay to San Fran! I could have used the time to keep working the polisher.

Yesterday was about a four hour talk with 23 detail business owners. We covered marketing, billing, add-ons, and much more. I have pages of notes!!! Everyone left feeling really motivated and rejuvenated about their business IMO.

Today I was able to wet sand for the first time. We worked on some scratches and used a magnifier and special lighting to diagnose the severity of the scratches. Was really cool to take the edges down (round them) and then follow with System One and a new type of pad..Smart Pad. I am not a master of the polisher, but there were many there really teaching me so it was awesome..I have some practice ahead of me for sure.

Renny`s instruction is really top rate. I will be returning with an employee later this summer for a two day training. The attention and drive he gives you is great. You better be prepared to work. He doesn`t stand around and wait for you to get started..he gets you working right away and really facilitates the learning process very well. At one point we were both holding the polisher so that I could get a good feel for how to use my hands properly.

Oh, and cart racing is insane!! That was also a first for me. 20 of us racing on a track was hilarious.

I also picked up my Steamer DVD from Renny and have been watching it. If I did not own one, I think I would buy it. The money for the DVD is worth seeing what and how it can work and would motivate me to buy one. I learned new tricks/methods on how to clean door panels, vents, and lift red stains from it.

I`m sure there will be a press release soon on the weekend so look for that information. One more thing...Renny never pushed ANY product at us. We were given many products to play with...some guys liked this and some liked that, but it was not a product show, it was a, "Let`s meet and make each other better business owners," show.

Any questions, ask away.

Thanks, Rob

Driven Auto Detail
06-26-2008, 01:46 PM
Rob - I just had lunch with Rod Lightner. He said you`re quite the comedian! He also said he had a great time out there, other than the heat and feeling a little under the weather. Although, he said it was nice to get his "Master Technician" certification (or something like that) from Renny. I may just have to look into it myself...

Anyway, thanks for sharing your thoughts on the experience you had.

trusteddetail
06-26-2008, 05:06 PM
Rob - I just had lunch with Rod Lightner. He said you`re quite the comedian! He also said he had a great time out there, other than the heat and feeling a little under the weather. Although, he said it was nice to get his "Master Technician" certification (or something like that) from Renny. I may just have to look into it myself...

Anyway, thanks for sharing your thoughts on the experience you had.

The weather was muggy and 100 degrees !

imported_WCD
06-26-2008, 06:48 PM
I wasn`t even the funniest one there! Yes, Rod was not feeling his best, but that certification should help! Renny does not go around giving them out here and there..I think the three honored are the 3rd, 4th, and 5th that he has ever given.

If you guys ever need information on credit card terminals or anything related to credit cards, ask Bob at Trusted. He knows!!!

If it wasn`t for a 24 hr. trip home- Boise to CA.- it would have been perfect! :) United saw my last dollar, that is for sure!

I hope to get back there before the end of the summer for one:one training. However, being in a room with those that were there really taught me more than what I knew going in. Joe of Superior is really an artist when it comes to paint...the car whisperer.

Anyone that is serious about longevity in this business and can check his/her ego at the door, should check it out. I hope I can participate in next year`s continued education.

Rod- feel better!

Rob

Woob
06-27-2008, 06:25 AM
Interesting info. Any product lines that they really used alot? Heard they did testing for 105/Solo to see what worked in their lines.

Accumulator
06-27-2008, 10:45 AM
..[we]..used a magnifier and special lighting to diagnose the severity of the scratches...

I too use magnification and I`m always interested in what lighting people like. Could you expand upon this any?

The course sounds great! Bet you`re glad you attended.

Bobby G
06-27-2008, 12:38 PM
The weather was muggy and 100 degrees !

Bob,

Please take your advertisement out of your signature line. :rules:

Thanks,

db

reparebrise
06-28-2008, 03:04 AM
I too participated in the week-end, and I can say it was well worth the trip. All the participants are great detialers, and business people, with a willingness to share, all ego`s were left at home for sure.