PDA

View Full Version : 1 oz. of ONR is equal to...

Pages : [1] 2

SuperBee364
06-19-2008, 08:00 PM
...3.5 ONR capfuls, if you`re using the gallon jug of ONR.

Last summer, someone pointed out that the labeling on the ONR gallon jug was incorrect; 1 oz of ONR was *not* two capfuls as stated on the label. It`s correct for the quart sized container, though.

In my latest detailing supply order, I got a couple of those nifty mesuring devices that you screw onto the top of the jug, squeeze the jug, and it fills the measuring cup on top.

I try to mix ONR double strength, so I measured two ounces using the measuring cup, which turned out to be seven capfuls.

Anyway, it`s nice to know exactly how much ONR you`re measuring out, regardless of what you`re using it for... washing, detailing, clay lube, etc.

Turns out I wasn`t as close to mixing it double strength as I thought. I had been using five capfuls per two gallons of water. Seven is the magic number.

imported_shine
06-19-2008, 08:17 PM
Thanks Supe, I just got a gallon so that`s good to know. I`ve been thinking of ordering those screw-on measuring things but haven`t yet.

Legacy
06-19-2008, 08:48 PM

Last summer, someone pointed out that the labeling on the ONR gallon jug was incorrect; 1 oz of ONR was *not* two capfuls as stated on the label. It`s correct for the quart sized container, though.

In my latest detailing supply order, I got a couple of those nifty mesuring devices that you screw onto the top of the jug, squeeze the jug, and it fills the measuring cup on top.

I try to mix ONR double strength, so I measured two ounces using the measuring cup, which turned out to be seven capfuls.

Anyway, it`s nice to know exactly how much ONR you`re measuring out, regardless of what you`re using it for... washing, detailing, clay lube, etc.

Turns out I wasn`t as close to mixing it double strength as I thought. I had been using five capfuls per two gallons of water. Seven is the magic number.

So is the qt. cap larger than the gallon size? If so, thanks for pointing that out. Been using 4 caps on the gallon size per 2 gallons, so I guess I was ok.

Mindflux
06-19-2008, 08:58 PM
I`ve got a couple of those pro blend bottle things. I haven`t used them yet though.

Maybe this accounts for your marring you have been experiencing?

SuperBee364
06-19-2008, 09:24 PM
So is the qt. cap larger than the gallon size? If so, thanks for pointing that out. Been using 4 caps on the gallon size per 2 gallons, so I guess I was ok.

Yes. The ONR quart bottle cap is .5 oz.

I`ve got a couple of those pro blend bottle things. I haven`t used them yet though.

Maybe this accounts for your marring you have been experiencing?

Even the five caps I was using prior to today is 1.5 caps more than normal strength. I just think that Utah is very abrasive. ;)

Mindflux
06-19-2008, 09:32 PM
Yes. The ONR quart bottle cap is .5 oz.

Even the five caps I was using prior to today is 1.5 caps more than normal strength. I just think that Utah is very abrasive. ;)

Too many dry counties.

Where`s the knee slap smiley?

Scottwax
06-19-2008, 09:44 PM
I just refill my quart container from my gallons.

pampos
06-19-2008, 11:22 PM
Thanks for that..i was really wondering if 2 of this small cup is enough for 2 gallons of water...

i received my gallon yesterday and i am going to try it today : )

Macruz19
06-20-2008, 05:07 AM
I use this to measure my ONR....

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e116/macruz19/onr-1.jpg

It used to be my Micro-restore container, but the pic shows water in the container at that time I took the pic.

Depending on how dirty my car is.. I`ll use 2oz of ONR with 2 gallons of water.

1 oz of ONR / 1 gallon wheels for wheels

SuperBee364
06-20-2008, 10:31 AM
I use this to measure my ONR....

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e116/macruz19/onr-1.jpg

It used to be my Micro-restore container, but the pic shows water in the container at that time I took the pic.

Depending on how dirty my car is.. I`ll use 2oz of ONR with 2 gallons of water.

1 oz of ONR / 1 gallon wheels for wheels

I`ve seen you post that container before, and have been meaning to ask you if you know of a place that sells just that empty container. I`d love to have about a dozen of those.

Eliot Ness
06-20-2008, 10:43 AM
..........if you know of a place that sells just that empty container. I`d love to have about a dozen of those.Ranney at PakShak sells them:

MICROPAK Twin Neck Bottle 16 oz (http://store.pakshak.com/twin-neck-bottle-16oz.html)

Do a Google search for "Twin Neck Bottle" and you might find a cheaper source.

On my gallon of ONR I just have a pump that squirts out an ounce at a time...... makes it pretty easy.

SuperBee364
06-20-2008, 10:47 AM
Thanks, John!

I was searching usplastics... found this...HDPE Dispensing Bottles - US Plastic Corporation (http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=usplastic&category%5Fname=8&product%5Fid=20700) The bottles on that link only have one ounce measuring cup capacity. The ones here...Prop R Measure - US Plastic Corporation (http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/variant.asp?catalog%5Fname=usplastic&category%5Fname=14953&product%5Fid=26675&variant%5Fid=66578) have graduations for one to six ounces.

I need to get some of those one ounce pumps. I had a bunch of em that got lost in a move.

2KLS1
06-20-2008, 11:01 AM
I believe Danase sell those measuring containers as well.

Bunky
06-20-2008, 02:28 PM
I just use those cheap 1oz measuring cups. I never trust cap measurements.

Rob Tomlin
06-20-2008, 03:04 PM

Why do you use ONR at double strength?