PDA

View Full Version : Which tire dressing is not oily or sticky?

Pages : [1] 2

s-one
06-19-2008, 11:27 AM
I`ve searched this forum and I haven`t quite pinned exactly which tire dressing isn`t oily or sticky. I thought someone had said Megs Endurance High Gloss Gel (the purple stuff) dried on without any tackiness to it. But on the contrary, that stuff is so oily and attracted more dirt than the previous stuff I used which was the old NXT tire shine. Which are the ones that dry on without any black stuff on your clothes if you happen to accidentally bump into it?

thanks

s-one

Mindflux
06-19-2008, 11:37 AM
You might have to go to a water based product. Poorboys Bold n Bright comes to mind.

FWIW I`m not sure the "Black Stuff" is tire gel. I think a lot of it is pigment from the tires.

I can rub up against a tire that`s never had a tire treatment and get black stuff on me.

Ben Kenobi
06-19-2008, 11:50 AM
Mindflux is right about the water based dressings. I`ve used Mother`s FX and Reflections, Vroom dressing, PB`s B&B, Long Haul Rubber and Tire and they all worked well. No greasy feeling and they didn`t attract dirt and dust. They give the look I like which is deep black without a lot of gloss. I believe even good old Armour All is water based so you do have a large selection to look at.

s-one
06-19-2008, 11:53 AM
i see. ok thanks for the info Mindflux. When you guys are discussing about tire dressings, how does one know its water based or not? Does it say on the bottles? When I go to the manufacturer`s sites, I haven`t noticed them speficically saying "water based".

Much thanks

Mindflux
06-19-2008, 11:55 AM
i see. ok thanks for the info Mindflux. When you guys are discussing about tire dressings, how does one know its water based or not? Does it say on the bottles? When I go to the manufacturer`s sites, I haven`t noticed them speficically saying "water based".

Much thanks

I think most state it. Here`s Poorboys B&B Page. It says it`s water based.

poorboysworld.com (http://poorboysworld.com)

For what it`s worth water based dressings, in my experience last a fraction of the time as a silicone/oil base. That`s just the nature of the base though.

Have you tried using Meg`s High Endurance and buffing off the excess? This is my preferred tire treatment and method.

Bigpoppa3346
06-19-2008, 11:57 AM
Water based dressings will be milky in appearance.

FWIW, I use Armor All Origional, which is water based, and it is not sticky or tacky. Just make sure to clean the tires well before application.

s-one
06-19-2008, 11:59 AM
hmm.. no I haven`t thought of doing that. Let me give that a shot. Does it still have an oily feel to it even after buffing it off?

Mindflux
06-19-2008, 12:00 PM
hmm.. no I haven`t thought of doing that. Let me give that a shot. Does it still have an oily feel to it even after buffing it off?

I don`t go around touching tires on a regular basis. I will tell you that if you like the "bling" look you get with High Endurance, buffing it off is going to make it more matte.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
06-19-2008, 12:04 PM
Surf City Tire pro.. Not oily or sticky

Provides a deep, rich satin look.. my go to tire dressing

wannafbody
06-19-2008, 12:30 PM
Mothers FX

s-one
06-19-2008, 12:51 PM
Excellent.. thanks all.

Greg Nichols
06-19-2008, 12:57 PM
Ultima tire and trim is awesome

KnuckleBuckett
06-19-2008, 01:09 PM
Ultima Tire and Trim x 2. Wait for each coat to dry for at least 30 minutes.

I like to follow the UT&T with Blackfire x 2, but Blackfire is oily at first. Dries nice and lasts and lasts though.

rwisejr
06-19-2008, 01:14 PM
Ultima tire and trim is awesome

+1 for Ultima tire and trim awesome look and no oily mess .If you want more shine just add another coat and lasts a good while !!!!!!!!!!

P1et
06-20-2008, 11:58 AM
Adam`s VRT is my current favorite.