PDA

View Full Version : Buffed hood for firts time

CAPRICE87
06-19-2008, 01:57 AM
Hello everyone..I just got a new car that had major swirls on the hood. So i went out and got some Megs 105 (I know its a bit on the heavy cut side :nervous2:) in attempt to correct the paint problems. i used a mirror glaze cutting pad and then switched to the mirror glaze wool. Most swirls came out but there are still some that just wont come out. Is this normal? I already polished and waxed and the swirls are still there. I do not have any pics at the moment but any advice would be appreciated. The following is a list of what I have done in cronological order:

1. Megs 8" cutting pad with Ultra cut compound (#105) set at 1500RPMs

2. Megs 8" wool cutting pad with #105 set at 1500 RPMs

3. Megs 8" polishing pad with Megs swirl remover #9) 1500RPMs

4. Megs #7 by hand

5. High tech yellow #26

Still there are some swirls and I am certain I have passed the buffer over every part of the hood. I thought the heavy cut of #105 would take care of this, what am I doing wrong. Any help is appreciated.

CAPRICE87
06-19-2008, 03:32 AM
Car is a 2005 Chevy Impala if that helps any. Pics will be up tomorrow.

anto
06-19-2008, 07:06 AM
If i`m not mistaken, the wool cutting pad has more bite than the regular cutting pad.

You need to start with the wool cutting pad w 105, then move down to the regular cutting pad..

CAPRICE87
06-19-2008, 08:37 AM
Yes I was aware of that but I wasnt sure if the wool would cut right through the clear since I was using a heavy cut so I started with a foam cutting pad instead. I will go ahead and start over using the wool pad first and see the end results. Pics will be posted soon. Thank you for your reply