PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars Deatiler line?

imported_sal329
06-18-2008, 08:30 PM
I found out through my job I get wholesale at one of the local paint and body shops. They carry Meg detailer line, duragloss and 3m. Well I am looking at some of the products I think I will try some of the 3m Ultrafina SE and will be stocking up on DG 111 I was really impressed with the look and so far the durability is great. Any I was looking at the Meg detailer line as well, I was thinking of trying M95, Last touch or #34 Final Inspection, #82, #83, APC, Glass cleaner, Leather cleaner and conditoner, #40, All Seaon dressing or Silicone free dressing or Hyper dressing and #21.

Wish I could buy it all at once to try lol. Anyway can you give me your opinions on the products mentioned? What is worth buyin and what should I not waste my time and especially my money on?

As far as polishes go I am using a PC 7424, still learning so I do not have a rotary yet.

Thanks all

BlueLibby04
06-18-2008, 09:17 PM
#82, 83, 40, and #21 are not detailer line products. Those are part of the `professional` line.

#80 and 83 are great products to use with the PC.

I really like ASD on tires(and some trim) along with hyper dressing on things like engines. The glass cleaner is AWESOME in my opinion. Just remember you can make 11gallons of glass cleaner with the gallon of concentrate. I also like APC+ on interiors and little odd jobs.

Ive not used anything else.

Jason M
06-18-2008, 10:59 PM
If you are looking at Last Touch and #34 for clay use then go with Last Touch. If you are wanting the absolute best QD shine then go with #34. Skip the Detailer line leather cleaner/conditioner, it`s not that great IMO. Out of all the dressings I like #40 the most...I even dress my tires with it now I like it so much. The price isn`t bad if you get it by the gallon either. #21 is awesome! Since you are still going the PC route I would hold off on the #82 and see if you can find #80 to go with that #83 instead. #95 is a newer option that most seem to love. I have only used the new #105 which has similar cut but shorter work time. It`s great!

mblgjr
06-18-2008, 11:18 PM
Last touch; when diluted; is really a nice all around QD. Economical and functional.

Glass cleaner is GREAT (really great). Diluted 10:1; no streaking; cuts road film; smokers film; bugs; you name it.

Leather Cleaner/cond. : Mediocre at both; slight "chemical" smell that may be too strong for some. Basically a wipe on/off product. Its a *little* slick on some coated leathers even after buffing; it never really dries.

Hyper Dressing is really nice as well. I like it at 3:1; works perfect on tires and plastics so I can use it everywhere. Durability is quite good and the overall look is similar to Meg`s Endurance gel when applied sparingly. At 1:1 on tires it gets quite glossy; 3:1 is a "just black" semigloss look. I use it on large truck tires because its about the most economical dressing out there.

AllSeason dressing is pretty strong and has more durability than Hyper; but its pretty glossy on tires; which is really the only thing I would want to use it on because to me it would be too strong elsewhere.

#21 is a nice sealant; looks nice on metallics. Durability is nice; its a good general LSP that has a look similar to #26; but with more durability.

If I recall; I *think* ScottWax used to use #83 DACP a pretty good amount when working on moderately swirled paint when he was working via PC. I`m sure he`ll chime in.